• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake-NC Central Gamethread

I wasn't able to see the game, but 79 points to NC Central? Ouch.

Sounds like the offense ran pretty well though.

Sutton (from K-state) and that kid that xferred from Oklahoma, Willis, are legit bball players.

Other than that, NC Central shot 25/28 from the FT stripe, that's a big part of their points tonight.

They also hit a wide open 3 as time expired and everyone else was walking to the sidelines.

I see. The game should be archived on ESPN3 so I'll try to watch it there.

ETA: Yep, it just showed up.

Their FT shooting was the funniest thing to me. I think they only missed once in the second half (w/out going back and looking). They got plenty of them too, refs started really hooking them up after they fell behind.

How old is the play by play guy? He looks like he's 17.

Looking forward to Childress.

I wasn't able to see the game, but 79 points to NC Central? Ouch.

Sounds like the offense ran pretty well though.

Central shot well from three and made their FTs. Pretty good looking club. I know of at least three transfers from BCS schools who played tonight, and heard Bz say in the post game there were four.

Not your usual Central team.

Lepler went from the tres puntos guy we all made fun of to pretty legit.

One time he put a Wally the Green Monster doll on the tv in Collins lounge during MLB postseason and somebody chucked it off and he got really weird and upset about it.

It's Evan Lepler. Class of 2007, I think.

Don't know him but I thought he did a fine job. I enjoyed listening to both of them. I appreciated him asking Randolph some questions about his career. Look forward to hearing these guys again.

I like that we're opening things up a bit on offense. Still don't get why we aren't utilizing Carson in the transition game.

On offense: CJ had an awesome game. Chase looked the best he has as well. Green is a project, but he hustles hard. McKie was quiet but he got points. I thought TC and Fields looked alright.

The defense wasn't great, but, like you all said, it wasn't as bad as the score indicated. What was bad was the defensive rebounding. That's all effort and technique.

Yeah, defensive rebounding was definitely not good, especially in the first half.

McKie with a "quiet" career high in points, no?

Yeah, defensive rebounding was definitely not good, especially in the first half.

McKie with a "quiet" career high in points, no?

Yep. I am not seeing a lot of flashy plays for him, just points on the board. Not a complaint at all.

Last edited:
Also, even if it is just ESPN3, how awesome is it having such a pro-WFU broadcast? I love it.

I enjoy the announcing team as well. The only problem was the ACCNetwork Score graphic was constantly wrong/lagging and did not show the shot clock.

I think Evan is doing an excellent job on these broadcasts. Seems like he has a bright future in play by play.

Evan is a good dude. I graduated with him and we stayed in touch. He used to (might still) call the Red Sox minor league team. He works hard and wants to be an announcer for a living. Glad he's making that dream become a reality.

Evan is a good dude. I graduated with him and we stayed in touch. He used to (might still) call the Red Sox minor league team. He works hard and wants to be an announcer for a living. Glad he's making that dream become a reality.

He also works with the University of Washington football studio show for their radio broadcasts. Good dude, bright future.

I know it's absolutely meaningless but after last night's game, Travis and CJ are the conference's two leading scorers, respectively.

Lepler went from the tres puntos guy we all made fun of to pretty legit.

One time he put a Wally the Green Monster doll on the tv in Collins lounge during MLB postseason and somebody chucked it off and he got really weird and upset about it.

Haha that was hysterical. I think he was on suicide watch later that season cuz 2003 was the Aaron Boone Game 7 ALCS year. WakeBder was the RA of his hall too. Good times.

Back