• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake-NC Central Gamethread

Chennault looked better in the 2nd.

Obviously McKie, Harris, Nikita and Fischer all had great games offensively. If we shoot like that we can probably steal a few ACC games.

other than our defensive rebounding, i think that was our best game since Texas in the tourney

I am stunned that Chase is already this good. I was told repeatedly he was a "Marshall reject" and thus would not contribute.

I am stunned that Chase is already this good. I was told repeatedly he was a "Marshall reject" and thus would not contribute.

Jamie Skeen was a Wake reject and he ended up ok.

It was interesting that Bz went with CJ at PG and things started going better. Pretty sure he's still our best, especially since we are better with Chase out there too.

The 2nd half was very good. Our shooting percentage must have been extremely high...not many turnovers...and good ball movement. The talent deficiency is going to kill us in conference; but, this team will is very likeable.

Plus, Carson played physically tough. Hope he keeps that up.

He rejected Marshall and was recruited bty WVU, WAke and others after doing so.

Anyone who said he was rejected by Marshall is a blithering idiot.

Obviously we are very young, short on depth and a little short on talent, but it is nice to watch a team actually play good basketball for a change. I am getting exicted for the season. I know we will take our lumps in league play, but I am enjoying watching the progression. If Chase starts getting more agressive, we may surprise some people. Especially if Ty can come back and help out down low.

First full game I've seen and Chase looks very promising. Given that his rep is as 3pt shooter, it's great to see him pass and play some defense.

Last year, they couldn't beat anybody. I'll take any win they can get.

:werd:
Need to improve rebounding but I like what I saw in the second half. Still gonna be a long season I think but at least there hasn't been a Stetson type loss.

He rejected Marshall and was recruited bty WVU, WAke and others after doing so.

Anyone who said he was rejected by Marshall is a blithering idiot.

I'm aware. And yes we have a few blithering idiots in our midst. That was the point. Sarcasm apparently doesnt cross time zones too well.

I have been so impressed with the spacing on offense. We have not had good spacing in a very long time. Ball movement was decent with only 10 turnovers and 23 assists. A great improvement... but still a long season ahead.

Chase has a 'leader' mentality. Good ball player.

I wasn't able to see the game, but 79 points to NC Central? Ouch.

Sounds like the offense ran pretty well though.

I wasn't able to see the game, but 79 points to NC Central? Ouch.

Sounds like the offense ran pretty well though.

The last 5 minutes felt like garbage time. Under competitive circumstances, I think you could have expected somewhere in the 60's from NCC

Back