• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake-NC Central Gamethread

My one solid memory of Lepler was when he hosted Sportsline, and I called in one day to tell him he was wrong about Kyle Visser being the next Chris Kaman in the NBA. Lepler got pretty upset, and an argument ensued. Five years later, I'd like to point out to Evan if he's reading this that I was totally right.

I know it's absolutely meaningless but after last night's game, Travis and CJ are the conference's two leading scorers, respectively.

I wouldn't call it meaningless. The offense is much improved from last year, regardless of the competition. There are a ton of shooters on the team and i really liked what i saw last night in terms of ball movement, movement without the ball, etc. I expect CJ and travis will both stay pretty high in PPG.

THE BAD: We're losing to a no-name team.

THE GOOD: At least they're from NC?

ESPN3 ran an interesting stat last night. They stated that going into last night's contest we had won 43 straight games against non ACC NC teams. I guess they forgot that we lost to UNCW last year.

I'm afraid that we are going to shoot 40 threes in our next game after we hit 75% yesterday.

We did just what we all complained we did not do last year, generate legitimate shots within our offense, penetrate and kick the ball out to open shooters. Lets hope we don't fall in love with jacking up forced 3s, oh wait, those players are gone. Being a Buzz is our coach, wait and see-er, we have made strides in being organized, having a plan and I like that, and I like this team/players. Hard to argue those were not good shots.Looked a little like what Duke does to get good looks at 3s.

ESPN3 ran an interesting stat last night. They stated that going into last night's contest we had won 43 straight games against non ACC NC teams. I guess they forgot that we lost to UNCW last year.

That was 43 straight home wins against "in-state" non-conference teams. Kind of an obscure stat if you ask me.

Back