• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake NC State 7:30 PM ESPNU Night Game!

From Bleacher Report.......

Wake Forest has quietly emerged as an offensive juggernaut over the past three weeks. The Demon Deacons have averaged 648.7 yards and 47.7 points during that time. North Carolina State's defense—particularly the rush D—has been suspect at best lately. Can Ryan Finley and Jaylen Samuels keep pace in what should be a shootout?

Prediction: Wake Forest 45, North Carolina State 37

CFN is going with the same score but inverted. http://collegefootballnews.com/2017/11/nc-state-vs-wake-forest-fearless-prediction-game-preview

This write-up would be good bulletin board material for our defense, of course all the deserved talk about our offense will give them plenty of bulletin board material as well.

It would be funny if this ends up being something like a 17-14 game, well it would only be funny if we've got the 17.

But is this like Wolford going into the Clemson game? Is Bates really going to play or is Clawson just trying to screw with their offensive prep?

Having Byrd back is big too. Colburn is a remarkable athlete. If I am not mistaken, he played every offensive snap against Syracuse either blocking or running the ball on almost every play. And he didn't seem at all fatigued in the end, as demonstrated by the 70 yd. run at the end of the 4th quarter.

But is this like Wolford going into the Clemson game? Is Bates really going to play or is Clawson just trying to screw with their offensive prep?

I'm not an expert, but it seems game planning for a QB and a safety are a lot different.

Pretty much any outcome in this game wouldn't surprise me, other than a complete and total blow out. A 17 point win or so for either team in a game played anywhere from the low 40s to the high 70s seems possible. I'm feeling oddly confident that the D shows up big and the Deacs win 31-21.

Pretty much any outcome in this game wouldn't surprise me, other than a complete and total blow out. A 17 point win or so for either team in a game played anywhere from the low 40s to the high 70s seems possible. I'm feeling oddly confident that the D shows up big and the Deacs win 31-21.

Same. If it was in Raleigh I would not like our chances but with it being here I think we win by a couple of scores. 31-17 Deacs

Having Byrd back is big too. Colburn is a remarkable athlete. If I am not mistaken, he played every offensive snap against Syracuse either blocking or running the ball on almost every play. And he didn't seem at all fatigued in the end, as demonstrated by the 70 yd. run at the end of the 4th quarter.

My favorite Colburn series so far is when he was given the ball on 10 consecutive plays during the 4th quarter drive against Louisville to help run out the clock.
10 consecutive running plays! I'm sure he loved it and probably looked over at Petrino after each run.

My favorite Colburn series so far is when he was given the ball on 10 consecutive plays during the 4th quarter drive against Louisville to help run out the clock.
10 consecutive running plays! I'm sure he loved it and probably looked over at Petrino after each run.

Don't be at all surprised to see a lot more of Colburn, Wolford and Byrd rushing early on. I've a hunch Clawson is going to throw a monkey wrench in most expectations and take advantage of State's rush defense to give our ground game an opportunity to lead the offense. Then boom Wolford and the Nabbers go on a robbing spree against their DBs.

What's the deal with their rush defense? You would think with that D line it would be very good.

What's the deal with their rush defense? You would think with that D line it would be very good.

For whatever reason the Defense has given up a ton of really long TD runs this season that jacks up the numbers. I personally think that it's due to the safeties being young and inexperienced, having them be in the wrong spots/over run plays etc. Not on the DL IMO at all. ND, Clemson, and BC all had huge runs where they blocked well and they scored on 50+ yard runs in every game if I am remembering correctly. Just haven't been as good as last year overall other than Chubb and probably BJ Hill. Losing Josh Jones in the back 4 has been a bigger blow than I think anyone thought.

Having our best tackler back (hopefully) at Safety should be a huge help to prevent big runs, especially against a guy like Hines.

Back