• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake NC State 7:30 PM ESPNU Night Game!

the necks used to working construction or on farms or whatever will be out there

Currently predicted conditions for Saturday:
According to Lanie Pope, the rain should hold off until around 5:30, and then a cold November rain the rest of the night into Sunday. Hopefully this wont hamper the crowd. There's more hype around Winston for this game than I recall in some time.

I always think of this when I hear about cold November rains and Wake football.

Vandy 2008 was pretty brutal. I was one of the few brave souls to completely tough that one out

Vandy 2008 was pretty brutal. I was one of the few brave souls to completely tough that one out

I remember a BC game somewhere around that time frame that was pretty brutal too. May have been that game that BC's backup did nothing the whole game until the end and completed a couple of passes and we lost.

Was there as well. I remember seeing a shirtless guy sliding down Deacon Hill on his chest. Left there cold, wet, and with no voice.

I remember a BC game somewhere around that time frame that was pretty brutal too. May have been that game that BC's backup did nothing the whole game until the end and completed a couple of passes and we lost.

That was the same year. Vandy was wayy worse from a weather standpoint. But yeah, BC game blew chunks for other reasons

At the end of that BC game I remember my supposedly waterproof gloves had soaked up more water than one of those super absorbent shammy's that creepy looking dude advertises on TV.

That was the same year. Vandy was wayy worse from a weather standpoint. But yeah, BC game blew chunks for other reasons

That's funny the Vandy game doesn't stick out to me, haven't missed a home game since 2001. I'm sure you're right though.

looks like a decent number of tickets remain as of the Wake ticket website. Looks like the crowd for FSU will be bigger. Weather on accuweather looks good 60 degrees with only a 20% chance of rain.

45 against state is possible. If our big boys up front can be as good as they’ve been and give Wolford a clean pocket, I think we take this game and our offense goes off again.

Wake Forest 45 NC State 31

I'd take the under in this one. State defense will be a little different test than Wake has seen the last few weeks and the combo of the Wake D/bad weather will probably continue to both Finley. Should be a fun one regardless.

Notre dames defense is significantly better than State and we put up 37 on them. S&P 24th rank D for ND and 60 for State.

State's defense is legit. Key is the WF OL. They have played lights out over the past few weeks. If they continue to give Wolford time, he is playing with confidence, and as a senior should, he has the offense down and will find the weak spot in a defense. State DL is loaded with potential NFL talent.

Back