• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake NC State 7:30 PM ESPNU Night Game!

State's defense is legit. Key is the WF OL. They have played lights out over the past few weeks. If they continue to give Wolford time, he is playing with confidence, and as a senior should, he has the offense down and will find the weak spot in a defense. State DL is loaded with potential NFL talent.

I agree State's D is legit. If our OL can keep their DL from dominating the game, then we can do some things. Our guys up front have to keep playing well though.

I'm just as worried about our D Line vs their O Line. Cuse came into last week giving up a lot of sacks and we only got to their QB twice--once on a blitz and once in garbage time on their 3rd string. Their running game is also not good at all and they ripped off a couple long ones on us. I know Duke was out, but still not good. I think State's O line is more Notre Dame than they are Louisville or Cuse.

Cuse runs hurry up O. Without looking at stats and using the #eyetest, that decreases amount you get to the quarterback and increases amount of possible big plays.

Bump. This is the biggest game at Wake in years, with a chance to knock off a ranked team and win the State of NC. We're a football school now, so let's get it.

Also, injury report should be out today.

Yep. Last week was the biggest game of the season at that point. It really was. Now State is monumental. Funny how that happens. But there is just so much to be gained; so big of a statement can be made.

Yep. Last week was the biggest game of the season at that point. It really was. Now State is monumental. Funny how that happens. But there is just so much to be gained; so big of a statement can be made.

Kind of gives the feel of the Boston College in 2006. Home game against a ranked team, playing for a bigger bowl.

From Bleacher Report.......

Wake Forest has quietly emerged as an offensive juggernaut over the past three weeks. The Demon Deacons have averaged 648.7 yards and 47.7 points during that time. North Carolina State's defense—particularly the rush D—has been suspect at best lately. Can Ryan Finley and Jaylen Samuels keep pace in what should be a shootout?

Prediction: Wake Forest 45, North Carolina State 37

Predicting 82 points on the game when the O/U I've seen is roughly 63 is a bold strategy. Based on recent performances though, it may very well be correct.

I do expect Finley and Wolford to both put on a show.

Predicting 82 points on the game when the O/U I've seen is roughly 63 is a bold strategy. Based on recent performances though, it may very well be correct.

I do expect Finley and Wolford to both put on a show.

Finley was fairly awful against BC and ND - if the weather is bad and our pass rush emerges from obscurity, I can see him having an off/pedestrian night. I could also wouldn't mind an '03 Rivers type game, where he has 400+ yards but several turnovers.

BTW, what is the expected attendance? If this isn't the largest attendance of Wake fans since Clawson has been here, I'm not sure what to think. We have been craving an offense that plays exciting football and we have that, apparently. On top of that we have a game of intense rivals that matters. And, it is Senior Night for the most distinguished senior class in a great while. Hope the stands are filled with Black and Gold colors.

I would guess the game sells out, but the actual number of people who show up will be dependent on the weather.

It's Senior Fifth - student section will be even more empty than usual.

It's Senior Fifth - student section will be even more empty than usual.

ouch! I hope that is not correct.

Seriously, these guys deserve huge support...plus, I am really sick of seeing red everywhere I look when we play State at home!!

Regardless of the outcome, we'll fianlly get some good coverage oin The Logan Zone the next two Sundays. Love the show, I get the Triangle bias, and Logan is usually good for a nice coment about the Deacs, but wish we were more a part of the show.

Regardless of the outcome, we'll fianlly get some good coverage oin The Logan Zone the next two Sundays. Love the show, I get the Triangle bias, and Logan is usually good for a nice coment about the Deacs, but wish we were more a part of the show.

This has not been my experience with Steve Logan, other than the Triangle/BC/MattRyan/ECU bias.

Oh, and Jesse Bates listed as probable is the single biggest injury news surrounding this game.

Back