• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake NC State 7:30 PM ESPNU Night Game!

State has the most messed up fanbase in the world. As a group, they have an inflated notion about their place in the sports world while at the same time having strong inferiority and persecution complexes.

Attending the State-Clemson game the other day with my family was one of the most unpleasant experiences I have had when it comes to attending a game as a fan of the opposing team. My daughters have gone to Clemson so we had our Clemson stuff on and got crap from lots of fans all day (there were also many pleasant, polite fans). As the game ended an older State fan put his middle finger in my daughter's face and commanded in no uncertain terms that she should go to the bad place. I get as angry and frustrated as anyone when my team loses but why take it out on the opposing fans?

Sadly, this doesn't surprise me at all. State fans are worse than UNC fans, which says something. I've had some terrible things happen at both Football and Basketball games @State. They never surprise to 1-up themselves in classless behavior.

Sadly, this doesn't surprise me at all. State fans are worse than UNC fans, which says something. I've had some terrible things happen at both Football and Basketball games @State. They never surprise to 1-up themselves in classless behavior.

But when you call them out on it they act like it's not a problem. The use the same "there are bad apples everywhere" defense that UNC-CH just used.

Yep. UNC has plenty of annoying fans. State has plenty of low class fans.

Ill be checking back in from time to time this week, and then of course after the game next Saturday.

Ill be checking back in from time to time this week, and then of course after the game next Saturday.

d826b71a5209236bc805679e1640b3e9.jpg

Was at went to the basketball game @state last season. Was on my best behavior, and got yelled at by two unrelated and completely separate times by 50+ year old women for cheering for Wake. It was extremely weird, and made me laugh.

That Gator Bowl team would have skull drug the 06 Wake team. Wakes best win that year was at a 6-6 FSU team. Hell that Wake team could only beat a 3-9 State team by 2 points and we almost drove down at the end to win the game.

Wakes best win in 06 was at FSU? They beat a Matt Ryan Boston College team that finished 10-3, in ACC Championship against Georgia Tech finished 9-5, and at Maryland finished 9-4. But carry on :bullshit:

Wakes best win in 06 was at FSU? They beat a Matt Ryan Boston College team that finished 10-3, in ACC Championship against Georgia Tech finished 9-5, and at Maryland finished 9-4. But carry on :bullshit:

You see, NCST fans think that beating teams like FSU and Notre Dame are the only thinks that matter- because winning the Gator Bowl and an occasional regular season win over FSU are the only things they have ever won.

And that 2002 team, the best in NCST history? It's best wins were over Notre Dame and mediocre FSU and Clemson teams. They lost to the other good teams they played (Maryland, Virginia)

You see, NCST fans think that beating teams like FSU and Notre Dame are the only thinks that matter- because winning the Gator Bowl and an occasional regular season win over FSU are the only things they have ever won.

Switching sports, but keep in mind this is a fan base that printed t-shirts commemorating a basketball win over the #17 ranked team in the country

Would it be possible for Wake to put in temporary bleachers for next week? More money for the WF athletic department and more State fans at the game.

See you next week wolfies. Remember we had over 500 yards against ND and suddenly look like one of the most potent offenses in the nation.

Should be a great game. State in Winston is one of my favorite games since we don't play UNC every year.

Bummed I didn't decide to come down early for Tgiving. Make it lit fam

Back