• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake NC State 7:30 PM ESPNU Night Game!

Hopefully State will pack it in a bit now that their ACCCG chances are completely gone

2/3 of the away side will be red. Hopefully their fanbase doesn't make us rethink the in-stadium alcohol sales.

The whole offense is predicated on the RPO, which Wolford runs really well. We are basically GT right now, having an efficient option offense - except the third option after the RB or QB run is a pass to a badass TE or some emerging WRs.

Thanks. So it's assignment football. Our DBs are not what you would call "stellar" and they will need to be disciplined. I guess our best chance is to blow up the plays with penetration but if we don't get there we risk the pass. Hopefully we'll move Pratt around on your tight end because he's the only LB that is athletic enough to handle that. Our offense didn't have a great game yesterday. Especially the passing game but against Clemson we started really well. Hines seems to be healthy now so that will help. Should be a good game and I'm not overly confident.

2/3 of the away side will be red. Hopefully their fanbase doesn't make us rethink the in-stadium alcohol sales.

This is the most meaningful Wake-State game in years. Both teams bowl-bound, a large/local visiting fanbase, and a night game to boot.

Oh yeah, throw Senior Fifth into the mix.

That Gator Bowl team would have skull drug the 06 Wake team. Wakes best win that year was at a 6-6 FSU team. Hell that Wake team could only beat a 3-9 State team by 2 points and we almost drove down at the end to win the game.

Wrong

Remember when NC State blamed the Ohio State loss on the ACC for scheduling a football game the week before they played Ohio State and preventing them from ascending to the pinnacle of the college football world ? I remember that.

Remember when NC State blamed the Ohio State loss on the ACC for scheduling a football game the week before they played Ohio State and preventing them from ascending to the pinnacle of the college football world ? I remember that.

th

Who was it that beat them again?

Everyone figures even with all the injuries spread goes to Wake -3 by the end of the week is that about right? Not so much due to overall results but just based on what the offense is doing and some of the young guys on defense starting to figure it out. Or will the spread get even wider?

Might seem generous ...

I'd be very surprised if it's more than a point or two either way to start. Probably opens as a pickem and then gets to NCSU -1 or -2 by game time.

Per VegasInsider, the line opened as a pick em and has moved slightly to WF as a favorite by 1 right now.

That's surprising.

No way State is a 7 point favorite on the road where they have won once in many years. Only difference in States record and ours is that they beat FSU and played a bad Pitt team at Pitt instead of a decent GT team at GT. I think the line will be very close to a pick em.

I guess we’re trending the right way and everyone figures at home at night on the turf we like it’s our time and defense will make a couple stops and we can overcome all these injuries.

I can’t wait for Saturday to get here.

Idk, and State gave Clemson a real test, although that was at State and we played them on the road. 7 was probably extreme but I'll be very surprised to see a pick.

Back