• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake NC State 7:30 PM ESPNU Night Game!

Well I think in this case, you could chalk it up to potentially 3 NFL defensive lineman on the FG block team.

Happened consistently against Cuse as well, though. The Line has been blown up on every kick over the last two games - we've just been lucky enough to only have 2 blocked. I get Weaver's frustration.

Happened consistently against Cuse as well, though. The Line has been blown up on every kick over the last two games - we've just been lucky enough to only have 2 blocked. I get Weaver's frustration.

Dat front seven tho.

He should be frustrated. I just don't like showing that frustration in the middle of the game. If he's 30/30 on field goals and all touchbacks, then he bitch a bit. But it is not good practice to show up your teammates who are literally putting their body on the line for you.

The RG needed a lot more help from the RT there, with the RT having no one to block. You aren't going to get much help from the center. It was also borderline having a guy line up over the center. He rushed the A gap fine and didn't directly hit the center, But he's 1/2 over the center, which i think is against the rule.

I know it's always been taught that if you get run over, grab jersey, helmet, face-mask, whatever and take them with you to the ground so they don't block the kick, especially on an extra point if you are the guard or tackle. Back it up 10 and re-kick is a fine solution if you get beat that bad.

If you notice, a lot of teams now (college and NFL) are stacking defenders along certain perceived "weak spots" on the kick blockign unit, both on the edges and up the middle. This leaves some linemen with no one to block, and others having to hold off multiple rushers. It's a smart move, and something
Wake should probably start doing (if we don't).

The RG needed a lot more help from the RT there, with the RT having no one to block. You aren't going to get much help from the center. It was also borderline having a guy line up over the center. He rushed the A gap fine and didn't directly hit the center, But he's 1/2 over the center, which i think is against the rule.

I know it's always been taught that if you get run over, grab jersey, helmet, face-mask, whatever and take them with you to the ground so they don't block the kick, especially on an extra point if you are the guard or tackle. Back it up 10 and re-kick is a fine solution if you get beat that bad.

The rule is you can't line up on the center, they were barely ok there, I guess. But also can't contact the center for 1 second after snap. The whole operation should take 1.25-1.30 seconds, i think we were 1.31 there, so they definitely made contact with the center, which should have been a penalty, by rule.

Last edited:
State fans have mastered the ability of taking some still frame that really doesn't show when the ball started coming out as part of some conspiracy that the ACC is out to screw them. I've looked at that replay several times and literally the ball coming out and it crossing the goal line were simultaneous. Would have been pretty much impossible to overturn just like I think the ball was actually short on that 4th down but that would have also been almost impossible to overturn

State fans have mastered the ability of taking some still frame that really doesn't show when the ball started coming out as part of some conspiracy that the ACC is out to screw them...

Might be 2 ways of saying the same thing, but I think what they do is believe the ACC conspiracy is real and that refs are out to screw them every game. There's no presumption that the ref standing on the goal line watching from a few feet away should should be believed.

They want footage from a goal-line cam that conclusively shows the ball came out before crossing the goal line. Anything short of that, a TD was scored and they got screwed by the ACC/refs again.

Might be 2 ways of saying the same thing, but I think what they do is believe the ACC conspiracy is real and that refs are out to screw them every game. There's no presumption that the ref standing on the goal line watching from a few feet away should should be believed.

They want footage from a goal-line cam that conclusively shows the ball came out before crossing the goal line. Anything short of that, a TD was scored and they got screwed by the ACC/refs again.

Yeah, the refs are going to screw them in favor of us, that's a good one. The angles that were shown looked like the ball was coming out BEFORE it's crossed the plane of the goal line. The call was reviewed and the referee said it was confirmed (meaning the replay official agreed with the call on the field, not that it was inclusive or he would've said "the play stands as called"), so should they be disappointed? Yes. Should they feel sorry for themselves because they were inches from scoring and a freak play (great hustle by Kemp caused it though) kept them from scoring. Yes, we would, but they shouldn't feel like they were screwed by a bad call.

They're also complaining that the review was too short.

They're also complaining that the review was too short.

Yeah, all the more reason to think the call was pretty conclusive to the replay official. It was a short review and it was called as being "confirmed."

The rule is you can't line up on the center, they were barely ok there, I guess. But also can't contact the center for 1 second after snap. The whole operation should take 1.25-1.30 seconds, i think we were 1.31 there, so they definitely made contact with the center, which should have been a penalty, by rule.

Learn something new every day.

State fans have mastered the ability of taking some still frame that really doesn't show when the ball started coming out as part of some conspiracy that the ACC is out to screw them. I've looked at that replay several times and literally the ball coming out and it crossing the goal line were simultaneous. Would have been pretty much impossible to overturn just like I think the ball was actually short on that 4th down but that would have also been almost impossible to overturn

Wait, I thought the ACC conspired to screw WAKE? Maybe only when playing Duke or UNC.

Also, I don't think a lot of State fans recall that, if they ended up going up by 1, WF I think had A little less than 2 mins and 3 timeouts left to get into field goal range. Wind was certainly a factor, but they had not sealed a victory at that point in the game.

There was over 1:50 to go and State would have only been up 1. We could have easily still won the game.

040d05377849051dbf12839660c6feeb.jpg

That ball is out.

Also, I don't think a lot of State fans recall that, if they ended up going up by 1, WF I think had A little less than 2 mins and 3 timeouts left to get into field goal range. Wind was certainly a factor, but they had not sealed a victory at that point in the game.

Yeah, NC State was going to lose, they just did it in glorious NC State fashion.

Back