• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake NC State 7:30 PM ESPNU Night Game!

Whatever helps them sleep at night. We won fair and square, the league and officials are not out to get them, deal with it State fans.

Right. if there was ever to be a conspiracy by the ACC to screw over a program, I'm sure they would go all in to help the smallest school with the tiniest fan base defeat ranked Big State U with the giant bandwagon fan base plus orders of magnitude more living alums. :tard:Facepalm:rolleyes:

Not sure if Wolford and Clawson do, but it wouldn't surprise me if the athletic department has one or more people that monitor the boards from time to time considering what happened on the Scout board years ago.

What happened ? Somebody said something ?

278a17ea0b7c21e3f7c118c3829a82eb.jpg
47d0ab881d5ddb6470c6542243ec0a40.jpg

TITCR. Who cares what State fans think or talk about?

Right. if there was ever to be a conspiracy by the ACC to screw over a program, I'm sure they would go all in to help the smallest school with the tiniest fan base defeat ranked Big State U with the giant bandwagon fan base plus orders of magnitude more living alums. :tard:Facepalm:rolleyes:

Does State even really have bandwagon fans?

And from a State fan’s point of view that’s exactly the type of thing the UNC/Duke Illuminati that control the ACC would do. Just to fuck with them.

Bigger than one play: Emezie's fumble wasn't only factor in N.C. State's loss
By Luke DeCock (Raleigh) News & Observer Nov 19, 2017

————
WINSTON-SALEM — The tears came quickly. Emeka Emezie knew what had happened, what it meant when he lost control of the football and it bounced away, out of his reach, toward dark and cold oblivion.

So Emezie cried on the sideline, bereft, inconsolable, even before the officials had reviewed their decision, as if he knew deep down what the answer was going to be. No one could save him, not replay, not anyone. He had victory in his hands, and he let it slip away, and there was no going back, and now his head was in his hands.

Can you possibly imagine feeling like you singlehandedly doomed your team to defeat, let down your teammates, broke the heart of an entire fan base? You’d cry too.

“I️’m so sorry wolf pack nation,” Emezie tweeted at 11:06 p.m. Saturday night, 17 minutes after N.C. State’s 30-24 loss at Wake Forest became official.

The reality, the truth of the matter, couldn’t be more different. Emezie’s fumble at the goal line with a chance to score the go-ahead touchdown is the play everyone will remember. It will make him the target of the cruel bile of those phony, soulless fans who project their own self-loathing on the players who they think fail them — and they were out there Saturday night, oozing around the Internet, despite a plethora of extraordinarily kind responses to Emezie’s tweet — but there was plenty of blame to go around. N.C. State didn’t lose because Emezie had the ball knocked out of his hands.

It was because N.C. State’s vaunted defensive line was frozen into inaction by Wake Forest’s run-pass-option offense, unable to get any pressure on quarterback John Wolford. It was because Wolford outplayed Ryan Finley, who threw an interception in the end zone on the game’s final, unnecessarily hurried play. It was because Kelvin Harmon, a future NFL receiver, had three uncharacteristic drops. It was because Nyheim Hines left the game injured.

It was because Wake Forest made more plays than N.C. State, which like the South Carolina loss could not capitalize on a decided advantage in yards, plays, first downs and time of possession.

But it’s Emezie whose name will forever be linked with this loss, unfair as it may be.

He was milliseconds away from being the hero, coming from deep on the depth chart in the absence of the injured Stephen Louis and with Harmon struggling to score two touchdowns, including the game-winner. His first touchdown catch, to tie the score at 21 in the third quarter, was a beauty, grabbing the waist-high pass while dancing inside the pylon.

He had two catches already on what was shaping up to be N.C. State’s go-ahead drive in the fourth quarter, down only six thanks to B.J. Hill’s block of an extra point, and Finley showed no hesitation throwing to Emezie at the left pylon with two minutes to play. Emezie caught the pass at the 1-yard line, turned to his left and tried to extend his arms across the goal line. He was already starting to bobble it at that point, and as Demetrius Kemp hacked at the ball, it came loose. Kemp fell on it in the end zone...
————

Three Wake Forest football players collect weekly honors from ACC

————
Three Wake Forest players — center Ryan Anderson (Offensive Lineman of the Week), receiver Tabari Hines (Receiver of the Week) and rover Demetrius Kemp (Linebacker of the Week) — were selected for weekly honors from the Atlantic Coast Conference for their efforts in Saturday night’s 30-24 victory over North Carolina State...
————

This is a good point. Emezie was in tears (tiers?) right away. He knew.

My kids said that they felt badly for him, and I commended them for their sympathy. But I reminded them that had he scored, he or a teammate (I don't know his personality) very likely could have been crowing and posturing in the end zone, and our DB would have been hanging his head as the goat. All's fair in sports and war.

Does State even really have bandwagon fans?

And from a State fan’s point of view that’s exactly the type of thing the UNC/Duke Illuminati that control the ACC would do. Just to fuck with them.

Yep, State fans around me were talking about Swofford calling in the fix (during the review of the roughing the passer/catch on the sideline play which helped them out)

I have some good friends that went to State and some friends that are fans, but good lord, the mouth breathers around me in the stands were some of the dumbest people I've ever heard comment about sports.

What?

It’s possible to be glad for the created fumble and recovery and feel bad for Emezie.

How are we ever going to win the College Football playoffs with 90-pound weaklings like you guys cheering on the Deacs.

Yeah, the refs are going to screw them in favor of us, that's a good one. The angles that were shown looked like the ball was coming out BEFORE it's crossed the plane of the goal line. The call was reviewed and the referee said it was confirmed (meaning the replay official agreed with the call on the field, not that it was inclusive or he would've said "the play stands as called"), so should they be disappointed? Yes. Should they feel sorry for themselves because they were inches from scoring and a freak play (great hustle by Kemp caused it though) kept them from scoring. Yes, we would, but they shouldn't feel like they were screwed by a bad call.

The referee clearly said the call "stands." It's at 2:15:13 on the ESPN replay

Back