• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake NC State 7:30 PM ESPNU Night Game!

Both Wolford and Clawson have made comments to the effect of Ruggiero getting a lot of heat before this year, Defense getting heat this year. From where? What are they reading? Not sure the WSJ has attacked them. The only place I can think of is the message boards? Do they seriously read that/this stuff?

State fans have mastered the ability of taking some still frame that really doesn't show when the ball started coming out as part of some conspiracy that the ACC is out to screw them. I've looked at that replay several times and literally the ball coming out and it crossing the goal line were simultaneous. Would have been pretty much impossible to overturn just like I think the ball was actually short on that 4th down but that would have also been almost impossible to overturn

Yup agree. A guy on Facebook complained about Wake not having pylon cameras because that was clearly a TD. I get it but I mean let's not forget the times the State QB missed receivers on throws or said receivers did not catch passes. Oh and I almost forgot, they couldn't stop Wake's O enough to win.

Is it on the school to provide pylon cams? I assumed ESPN just brought some in off the truck for big games.

Yup agree. A guy on Facebook complained about Wake not having pylon cameras because that was clearly a TD. I get it but I mean let's not forget the times the State QB missed receivers on throws or said receivers did not catch passes. Oh and I almost forgot, they couldn't stop Wake's O enough to win.

It wasn't a TD. The slo-mo slowed he was just short when the ball came loose. The call was "confirmed" after review, not "the play stands as called" which would've meant the replay official wasn't sure but couldn't overturn it. I don't blame them for being upset they lost that way, but it was not "clearly" a touchdown and the field referee and replay official both felt it wasn't.

Is it on the school to provide pylon cams? I assumed ESPN just brought some in off the truck for big games.

I can't imagine that it is up to the school to have them. If they are a necessity for reply, then the ACC would require them. Otherwise it is up to the network to have them or not.

BTW, the stadium and crowd looked great on tv !!

BTW II, anyone besides me swallow your gum when Hines dove for the TD at that same pilon that Dortch did ???

Last edited:
I'm at the gym listening to several salty state fans complain about the goal line fumble. It is amazing how little these guys know about football.

I'm at the gym listening to several salty state fans complain about the goal line fumble. It is amazing how little these guys know about football.

:tear:

Yeah, they probably think as long as their receiver was physically touching the ball when it crosses the plane it's a TD, even if it was coming out of his hands.

Yeah, they probably think as long as their receiver was physically touching the ball when it crosses the plane it's a TD, even if it was coming out of his hands.
They are trying to compare it to Cam Newton's dunk TD a few weeks ago.

278a17ea0b7c21e3f7c118c3829a82eb.jpg
47d0ab881d5ddb6470c6542243ec0a40.jpg

:tear:

But it was out of his hands before he crossed, he wasn't even touching it. Seeing the play from the stands as it happened, it was clear that it wasn't a touchdown. None of the replays showed anything different

But it was out of his hands before he crossed, he wasn't even touching it. Seeing the play from the stands as it happened, it was clear that it wasn't a touchdown. None of the replays showed anything different
Right. I think the review of the play took about 10 seconds, which means it was obvious.

They are trying to compare it to Cam Newton's dunk TD a few weeks ago.

You mean this TD? In which the ball in clearly in his hand after it goes over the goalline?

Right. I think the review of the play took about 10 seconds, which means it was obvious.

Whatever helps them sleep at night. We won fair and square, the league and officials are not out to get them, deal with it State fans.

This is spot on - I had to remind my State "friends" the following: 1)If #88 didn't fumble before he got to the goal line, Wake still had 3 timeouts and 2 mins to kick a fg., 2)State never, ever had the lead, so it wasn't because of the refs you lost. 3)When Wake needed a score, the vaunted State defense offered little to no resistance, and Wolford sliced them up 4)And the 4th down play, Finley was 1/2 a yard short. State fans thought they would saunter in and beat up on LOWF, they were so COCKY before the game. When that didn't happen, they looked to blame everyone else - refs, WR's dropping passes, turnovers- rather then giving credit to Wake who beat them. It reminded me what a flat out miserable fanbase State has.

Both Wolford and Clawson have made comments to the effect of Ruggiero getting a lot of heat before this year, Defense getting heat this year. From where? What are they reading? Not sure the WSJ has attacked them. The only place I can think of is the message boards? Do they seriously read that/this stuff?

Not sure if Wolford and Clawson do, but it wouldn't surprise me if the athletic department has one or more people that monitor the boards from time to time considering what happened on the Scout board years ago.

Back