• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake opens +9

Secondary break is going to be huge for us tonight. We gotta get it, and go. Also, keeping them off the offensive glass...if we can score some quick points, and not get killed on the boards I think we'll be there at the end.

With all of the New York transplants to NC over the past several years, I think we'll see a fairly sizeable contingent of Cuse fans tonight (though nothing like we saw in their game at Miami over the weekend--that sounded like a home game for them).

Cuse fans are everywhere, it seems. It's a pretty big school and the fans are all over the place geographically. And they are rabid fans, as they should be.

We have a vacation house near Syracuse (don't laugh--the Finger Lakes are amazingly beautiful and fun when the temps get above freezing) and in my experience the Syracuse fans are pretty decent. The occasional jerk, of course, but mostly just good fans. Hope everyone has a good time tonight.

With all of the New York transplants to NC over the past several years, I think we'll see a fairly sizeable contingent of Cuse fans tonight (though nothing like we saw in their game at Miami over the weekend--that sounded like a home game for them).

Yeah, I don't really see the parallels with Miami from last year. Cuse is used to being ranked very high. We are actually respectable this year (very respectable at home). Cuse has an undefeated record to protect. Don't really think they're overlooking this game.

Plus they haven't been crushing everyone. Trailed to Pitt at home with under 2 minutes left, trailed Miami at home under 5 minutes left, grinded out close wins over St. John's and St. Francis... They have one top 10 win and we'll be their 2nd toughest road game so far.

If they weren't such a matchup problem I'd bet on us to cover.

Yeah, we beat a #13 & #12 team by 1 & 4 points. Then the next year we blew a 13-point lead and lost to a #7 seed in the 2nd round....after having to overcome an 11-point deficit to beat a #15 seed in the first round.

And talking about rebuilding... Only one coach in ACC history has ever had a team that was ranked #1 in the country one year, then finished dead last in the conference the next year.

Wake was a seven point favorite against Manhattan and won by four. That's not a surprising result. Furthermore does "small sample size" mean anything to you? We've already addressed ad nauseum your last point about Chris Paul leaving, but you refuse to actually address anything substantive that opposes your opinion. How many teams in ACC history have lost one of the best players in their program's history relatively suddenly? I bet that number is pretty damn low too.

Eh. Syracuse is pretty damn good. They're second in KenPom and have the fifth best offense to go with the 15th best defense. They have a very, very slow tempo which might contribute a little bit to their overinflation (Virginia/Wisconsin-esque bias in KenPom for slow tempo'd teams) but Syracuse is almost certainly a top 10 team according to pretty much everyone. The reason that they're a top 10 team is because they're a matchup problem for 99% of the teams they play - that's not just a Wake problem.

I will be proud of the team if they cover. Don't see us getting a win but if we play our best we could.

Whereas, [Redacted] is a shit man and a shit coach and you defend him like he was the Messiah.

Way to stay consistent, Bud. That dementia isn't impacting you at all!

How big a sample size do you want? I can only give you the man's entire 14-year career....during which he never won a single NCAA Tournament game when he was not seeded higher and favored. And he lost to a #11 seed with a #6 seed in 1998, lost to a #10 seed with a #2 seed in 2003, and lost to a #7 seed with a #2 seed in 2005.

Great man. Mediocre coach.

His postseason record is a fair criticism. He is still world's better than the joker we currently have roaming the sidelines.

Well over his career he was 291-146. He had two years out of fourteen years where he had a losing record, and he did it at four different schools over that fourteen year time span. Compared to this relatively large sample size, you are citing a sample size of fifteen games. He was 6-9 in the postseason. That's the definition of small sample size. Even if you had a 90% chance of winning each game in a set of ten games, it doesn't mean that you are a "mediocre coach" if your team only wins 7 of 10 games.

Good teams don't win more close games, good teams avoid close games. Good coaches go 291-146 and have the opportunity to win or lose in the postseason. That's not a mediocre coach. Mediocre coaches go 144-164 in their first ten years as a college coach and go 0-1 in the NCAA Tournament. But you keep saying [Redacted] is a good fit and a good coach while deriding Skip as a mediocre coach. I'm done with this garbage, you're clearly trolling and contributing nothing to these boards at all while continuing to make every single thread about yourself.

blahblahblahblah no one GAF

The-Rite-1.aspx

Wake just tweeted a photo. Only 4 sections in the lower bowl have Pom poms for students. Really!? If you add in the band thst only 3 1/2 sections in the lower bowl. That's BS

Wake just tweeted a photo. Only 4 sections in the lower bowl have Pom poms for students. Really!? If you add in the band thst only 3 1/2 sections in the lower bowl. That's BS

Don't have a problem with this to be honest. They've altered the size of the student section this year to meet demand.

The students that will have to sit upstairs tonight will probably arrive after 8:55pm anyways.

They did that when I was there (my junior year) if I recall correctly, so Dino was still there.

Hopefully Boeheim doesn't see through the sneaky "0 Stars" disguise and steal our prize recruit Rondale Watson. That would really throw off the Buz dynasty game plan. Its been hard enough shielding him from Charleston Southern....

If that happens we might be forced to give the 4-star 7 foot kid interested in the program an offer...

That is quite a first post.

Back