• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake opens +9

Any result but a close loss is fine with me.

Man I'm sorry but damn that. at least for me. Even under the hopeful and logical premise that BZZ will be gone at the end of the year regardless of how this year ends up, for the sake of the future of this program and whoever coaches it next year and into the future, this team must show marked improvement now. As of now it has not.

As mothersodear pointed out we've not played anybody and we've not beat anybody. Our OOC is a joke. the few times it presented us a with a respectable opponent we whiffed and failed. In conference we have defeated a cellar dweller, an inconsistent lost team, and two middle of the pack teams who were sorely depleted. Our respectable conference foes have run us out of the gym.

I think it is a must that we win a minimum of 6 out of our 11 remaining games and, for me, 2 of them have to come from either SU home, Duke home, or Duke away. Out of our 31 games only 6 on the schedule this far have appeared in the top 25. Were 1-3 and the 1 win was to a team who was promptly told to GTFO.

My fear is what ChrisL68 alluded to. you cannot waste 6 years of productivity for 1 year with a massive class that experiences one year of marginal success only to have to start all over again. That is not sustainable. Damn this, "Im just happy a big team is coming to town and were not ready just yet but maybe next year we'll get them" mentality. That LOWF shit flies in the face of 20 straight years of prideful WF basketball.

Tonight is a must win and I'm rooting for us. A win tonight, 1 win against Duke, and a 20 win season are all crucial. This scenario creates some tourney talks (at least NIT), re attracts coaches to our proud program, allows us to "thank" Bzz for his "efforts" or whatever the fuck you want to call them, appease the BZZ-in fringe and their wacky narrative so the fan base can reunite and get over all this mess, and it at restores some proper order in the WF basketball world. No excuses, put up or shut up.

Reactions: Ayo
You realize that a win over Syracuse, a win against Duke, and a 20-win season would have Buzz up for ACC Coach of the Year honors, likely with Jaime Dixon, right?

Man I'm sorry but damn that. at least for me. Even under the hopeful and logical premise that BZZ will be gone at the end of the year regardless of how this year ends up, for the sake of the future of this program and whoever coaches it next year and into the future, this team must show marked improvement now. As of now it has not.

As mothersodear pointed out we've not played anybody and we've not beat anybody. Our OOC is a joke. the few times it presented us a with a respectable opponent we whiffed and failed. In conference we have defeated a cellar dweller, an inconsistent lost team, and two middle of the pack teams who were sorely depleted. Our respectable conference foes have run us out of the gym.

I think it is a must that we win a minimum of 6 out of our 11 remaining games and, for me, 2 of them have to come from either SU home, Duke home, or Duke away. Out of our 31 games only 6 on the schedule this far have appeared in the top 25. Were 1-3 and the 1 win was to a team who was promptly told to GTFO.

My fear is what ChrisL68 alluded to. you cannot waste 6 years of productivity for 1 year with a massive class that experiences one year of marginal success only to have to start all over again. That is not sustainable. Damn this, "Im just happy a big team is coming to town and were not ready just yet but maybe next year we'll get them" mentality. That LOWF shit flies in the face of 20 straight years of prideful WF basketball.

Tonight is a must win and I'm rooting for us. A win tonight, 1 win against Duke, and a 20 win season are all crucial. This scenario creates some tourney talks (at least NIT), re attracts coaches to our proud program, allows us to "thank" Bzz for his "efforts" or whatever the fuck you want to call them, appease the BZZ-in fringe and their wacky narrative so the fan base can reunite and get over all this mess, and it at restores some proper order in the WF basketball world. No excuses, put up or shut up.

You realize that a win over Syracuse, a win against Duke, and a 20-win season would have Buzz up for ACC Coach of the Year honors, likely with Jaime Dixon, right?

No. 2 out of 6 wins against ranked opponents accompanied by a slew of mediocre performances will not put him up for coach of the year. Let me be clear,the 2 wins and the 20 win season reflect two different things. the 20 win season is an objective reflection of what is to be expected of a historically competitive program who supposedly boast a young up and coming roster, who is playing a putrid 31 game schedule. the 2 ranked wins is a reflection of what we have to do now since we did not meet full expectations thus far.

FOr instance, if the team had done what it was supposed to do up until this point given their circumstances, they would be around 18-3 or 17-4. - That's 1 more win in Atlantis against Tenn (and next round loss), a win at Xavier, and a win at either Pitt or UVA, and a win @ Clemson. If they took care of business then Beating Duke and SU is moot to achieve the, "young, talented but a year away" narrative. But they have not put themselves in that situation and thus, here we are.

Regardless BZZ aint getting coach of the year honors. that's vacuum speech. That's watching to many games on ESPN3 via your computer, as throw away announcers feed you talking points of an embattled, spinning AD justifying this situation. If our ass were on a proper national telecast due to the fact that we took care of business early on, the story would be much different. It would be more about "this what they have been trying to get back to but there still not there yet." That's not overachieving, that's meeting baseline expectations.

I don't think anything brings BZZ back here. I think mild success this year makes his removal and our future that much easier for everybody involved.

There are only 31 teams, at last check, that would have expected value of over 14.00 wins against our current 20 game schedule per Kenpom. The problem isn't our 14-6 record it is that we aren't as good as our record indicates.

We are not going to win.

lol this is probably all that matters. I would only add that moral victories are not wins either. As your avatar suggest, you may have just "mainlined the secret truth to the universe."

lol this is probably all that matters. I would only add that moral victories are not wins either. As your avatar suggest, you may have just "mainlined the secret truth to the universe."

I've been 100% in my acc predictions... saying that we'd beat UNC before everyone else realized they were garbage. i just have seen enough of wake forest and jeff [Redacted] to know what will happen.

There are only 31 teams, at last check, that would have expected value of over 14.00 wins against our current 20 game schedule per Kenpom. The problem isn't our 14-6 record it is that we aren't as good as our record indicates.

If I'm reading this right, this is incredibly circular. 14-6 is a good numerical record, but it isn't as good as you would think given our quality of opponents thus far. However, there really are only apx 31 teams in the country that would have had more victories against a schedule like our thus far….?

I've been 100% in my acc predictions... saying that we'd beat UNC before everyone else realized they were garbage. i just have seen enough of wake forest and jeff [Redacted] to know what will happen.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA this is incredibly funny when read through the lens of your adjacent avatar. It so fucking apropos for everything fucking WF basketball right. It's absolutely perfect. It's depressing, it's give up, and sad of all its accurate. I want a t shirt with that pic of detective Cohle and that quote.

I honestly know better. I don't know why I am getting myself hyped for this and creating radical "what if" narratives.

@DeaconBrews your avatar would only be more appropriate for avid, long time, but objective and honest Dallas Cowboys fans heading into week 17. "Everybody needs to sit down. Don't do this shit to yourself. I've seen enough Jerry Jones run Cowboys teams to know…"

Using the same kind of logic, sine I went to see Her with my friend Monica, should she be worried that Scarlett Johannson and Amy Adams will be on their way to my place tonight?

I think I have a better chance at my dream than you do with [Redacted].

Thoughts on ML at 400? I view it as a slight hedge against a [Redacted] extension. Very sight hedge. Though a lot on SBR have drank the Bz sauce and are on wake +9.. I just don't see [Redacted] keeping this under coached team in this game..but if I take cuse, wake wins... Bzz gets 10 year extension... Yikes.

If I'm reading this right, this is incredibly circular. 14-6 is a good numerical record, but it isn't as good as you would think given our quality of opponents thus far. However, there really are only apx 31 teams in the country that would have had more victories against a schedule like our thus far….?

So I don't know much about Kenpom. How can it be that only 31 teams would win more than 14 against our schedule but our Kenpom ranking is much lower? Shouldn't that be the same number?

Too many wake fans are picking wake to win...this might be a typical lowf blowout. We only have big wins under BzKill when nobody cares

I cannot fathom that there are only 31 teams that would be 14-6 versus our schedule. That is such crap.

There are probably 100 teams that would have gone at least 10-3 against our OOC schedule. A good portion of them would have won more.

So I don't know much about Kenpom. How can it be that only 31 teams would win more than 14 against our schedule but our Kenpom ranking is much lower? Shouldn't that be the same number?

exactly my point. Under that logic we'd be the 32 ranked team on KenPom, were not. I genuinely could not follow the previous post so I was saying what you were saying.

Back