• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake - Pitt Game Thread

That last shot describes this game perfectly

On that last drive, except for break away layup, Codi was 0-4 driving to rim, yet that last play looked like a bench called play. Haven't seen one double screen for Caron.

Big man gets two rebounds and a basket... did that cover? I missed how much the line moved.

Yes.... The mention of 1-27 on the road under bzzzzz.

I think everyone wondered if this Wake team was perhaps improved. However, the UVA and Pitt games coupled with the Carolina losses this week (proving that they really suck) shows that Bz ball is alive and well.

This is what it has come to. We watch to see if we cover the spread. Thanks, Ron!

First two road conference games in the Bz era:

2010-2011: L by 21, L by 29
2011-2012: L by 6, L by 18
2012-2013: L by 18, L by 16
2013-2014: L by 23, L by 15

Avg. margin of defeat to start the road conference games: 18.25

Also, fuck not losing by 25. Good moral victory down the stretch, fuckface.

I say we get to throat punch any BzInner who points to this as #progress for beating the spread.

I thought it was 1-26 now? Can't even keep track anymore.

I thought it was 1-26 now? Can't even keep track anymore.

It's actually pretty easy to figure out when you remember the 1 part. (and that the ACC schedule shifted to 18 games last year).

Yr1: 8 losses
Yr2: 7 losses, 1 win
Yr3: 9 losses
Yr4: 2 losses

So, yeah, 1-26.

Good ole Ovatine at least he hit glass. Racer I do think we will be better next season even if we have Bz. Mostly because i can't imagine the conference schedule will be more difficult, as far as the home v away opponents.

Great game for Devin Thomas. Nice to see someone playing with passion and fire. As for the rest of it, Jeff [Redacted] blows goats.

Just saw the final score on espn.com. I thought we played tomorrow. I had even been on the boards earlier. That used to never happen.

So we covered but had to keep starters on the floor to do it in the last few minutes.

Besides the obvious, what struck me about our offense in this game is that Devin frequently had great position inside and the only guy who would feed him the ball was Cav. Everyone else seems afraid to make the pass. Devin had to make do with minimal touches, I believe he finished 8-10 and a lot of those were harder than they had to be since he knew if he threw that ball back out they were not giving it back to him. Devin should have had 25 points today, but he's not going to get them if we do not get him the ball.

Who knows why but it's clear Travis' career is going to end with a whimper. Either, he doesn't care enough to make the effort, he's too beaten down from bzz ball or bzz has minimalized him in the offense. Is there anyway Travis should only take 4 shots in a game?

Back