• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Sports questions you would want truthful answers to

Now we just have to get used to him beating us for twice a year for the next 15 years.

Yep.

If State hires Stevens and GT hires Mooney my head might explode.

Yep.

If State hires Stevens and GT hires Mooney my head might explode.

It would suck at first, but would ultimately be good for us. The ACC basically is Conference USA right now. We're a 2-team league that has a bunch of potentially good programs but that are saddled with a bunch of a mediocre-to-poor head coaches. The "other" ACC programs aren't getting at-large bids, favorable seeds, or national TV appearances (unless they're playing UNC or Duke). That's got to change.

Yea, it would've been nice if we had stepped up to be that "third ACC program," but Skip died and we've been foundering ever since. Still, State, GT, Maryland, etc. taking a step up will ultimately be good for the ACC and, in turn, Wake Forest. Right now, too many coaches think that taking a head coaching gig at any of the "other" ACC programs is a losing proposition. Getting some young guns in here who can disprove that and take the league back to what it was pre-expansion will ultimately make it easier for WF to hire [Redacted]'s replacement.

Remember that the Chris Mooneys and Shaka Smarts of the world come around every March. Last year it was Brad Stevens; in prior years it was Gregg Marshall and Anthony Grant. When it's our turn to hire another head coach, those names will be there for us. The question is whether Wellman or whoever is leading us chooses to go that route.

Last edited:
It would suck at first, but would ultimately be good for us. The ACC basically is Conference USA right now. We're a 2-team league that has a bunch of potentially good programs but that are saddled with a bunch of a mediocre-to-poor head coaches. The "other" ACC programs aren't getting at-large bids, favorable seeds, or national TV appearances (unless they're playing UNC or Duke). That's got to change.

Yea, it would've been nice if we had stepped up to be that "third ACC program," but Skip died and we've been foundering ever since. Still, State, GT, Maryland, etc. taking a step up will ultimately be good for the ACC and, in turn, Wake Forest. Right now, too many coaches think that taking a head coaching gig at any of the "other" ACC programs is a losing proposition. Getting some young guns in here who can disprove that and take the league back to what it was pre-expansion will ultimately make it easier for WF to hire [Redacted]'s replacement.

Good point. And if we make a [Shaka] Smart move next time we shouldn't be too far behind.

Depends. UNC's coach left to go to Creighton recently because of the money.

Yea that was bizarre.

Not really. There was apparently a ton of $$ involved, but Creighton also has no football team so men's soccer is THE fall sport. No matter how crooked Carolina football is, it will always trump men's soccer in the fall. I think he left for more attention in addition to the $.

Remember that the Chris Mooneys and Shaka Smarts of the world come around every March. Last year it was Brad Stevens; in prior years it was Gregg Marshall and Anthony Grant. When it's our turn to hire another head coach, those names will be there for us. The question is whether Wellman or whoever is leading us chooses to go that route.

61-31 is floundering?

61-31 is floundering?

1004flounderRWlg.jpg

Do the players nail all the cheerleaders?

Has there ever been a cheerleader who fucked the entire basketball team?
Oh, wow. Funny you mention this as this is the only thing I have 'inside info' on as I was friends with a few players in 2008-2009. The 2009 tournament loss to Cleveland State can likely be blamed on one girl. I understand this board is all about 'free spirit' and posting what you know, but I can't throw her under the bus as I don't want anyone getting stupid and sending her death threats through facebook or anything. lol

Put it this way... We should have never lost that game and a girl is to blame. Oh, and it wasn't a cheerleader.

Last edited:
Oh, wow. Funny you mention this as this is the only thing I have 'inside info' on as I was friends with a few players in 2008-2009. The 2009 tournament loss to Cleveland State can likely be blamed on one girl. I understand this board is all about 'free spirit' and posting what you know, but I can't throw her under the bus as I don't want anyone getting stupid and sending her death threats through facebook or anything. lol

Put it this way... We should have never lost that game and a girl is to blame.

Yeah, posting her name would violate our TOS. (See the Rules section under our Welcome post.)

That said ...

le sigh.

is texasdeac going to be a little pussy all the time, or just on this thread?

Put it this way... We should have never lost that game and a girl is to blame. Oh, and it wasn't a cheerleader.

AW SHIT....I'd have been better off not knowing. THIS THREAD SHOULD BE DELETED TO SAVE OURSELVES!!!! :wtftard:

Yeah, posting her name would violate our TOS. (See the Rules section under our Welcome post.)

That said ...

le sigh.

you don't need to post a name dumb ass, but you can certainly tell the story

so tell it

Is it safe to say that this is a Unique situation?

:thumbsup:

We certainly didn't lose because of my gameplan!

It's ok, I give you permission to share it with the Pit.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Back