• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WAKE/STATE GAME THREAD

Bzz post game

- first thing I want to say is thank you to our fans, our student body was great, they never waivered.
- in the first half we played very tentative
- lot of great stats from everybody
- Travis great job on Wood
- moto 10 rbs
- Dre with one big block
- Madison with some buckets
- Cav ran the court got some easy baskets
- editor note - he listed everybody including Devin, CJ but I can't type that fast
- we made timely stops and rebounds
- we really carved up their zone, by getting the ball to the short corner
- our guys did a good job recognizing and executing
- we saw .7 so I wanted to throw 3/4 court, then the refs come to me with 1.2 and it changes everything
- we battled, they had 8 off rebounds in the first 8:28, and we had a discussion about that
- they are gaining confidence, it's a big boost for our players, Devin finishing better around the rim
- They are working to get better and keep playing as hard as we can
- And thankyou to our fans

we absolutely shredded them on short corner plays when they went zone. i think it was only 3 or so possessions. having a big that can pass makes a big difference in exposing those gaps.

I'm 31, drunk on a Tuesday, and still walking around pumping fists and texting Wake friends. Haven't felt like this in 3 years. I may return to BuzzOut tomorrow but tonight I'm enjoying this.

I seriously want to know what Bzz said at halftime to get this kind of comeback from our guys. Amazing win!

I was only able to watch the second half online, but count me as impressed. Devin was a monster, obviously, but the confidence and poise all the youngsters showed down the stretch was amazing. We just wanted it more tonight. Proud to be a Deac!

This is soooooo Wake Forest

Shelton Mitchell ‏@SMitchell_4
Bittersweet right now.. Wake won, we won, but my knee is messed up again

"You could throw a rock out the window and hit a better coach than Bz. I'm not saying anything positive or negative about Lutz just that Wake won't be hiring him. You're far more likely to lose him to someone else."

Yeah, so, this is my favorite quote from the Pack boards. Granted, it came before tonight's "debacle." :)

State fans on twitter...

REEEEDICKYOULUSSSS!!!!

Baaaahahahahahahaha! Julius Hodge is FANTASTIC!

I do want to say we were up 4 with ~3.2 seconds left and state inbounding from under their own basket, and they had a running 1/4 length shot to win the game. Not sure why Travis threw the ball only to 1/2 court...

Greenberg and Williams both agree State got fouled at the end of the game. Williams was irate. Probably was a foul. Tree hacked him. Oh well. Shit happens.

If Leslie would have not gone 0-2 from FT line previous trip we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Can't remember ever carving up a zone. Those freshmen must be really smart.

As for the Pack, I see them as a prime candidate to lose a 5-12 game in the first round of NCAAs. I don't watch as much non-WFU basketball these days, so this was the first time I've seen them this year, but this was not a team that looked capable of being relevant nationally, as per pre-season predictions that had them in the top 5.

Greenberg and Williams both agree State got fouled at the end of the game. Williams was irate. Probably was a foul. Tree hacked him. Oh well. Shit happens.

We didn't get that call on the road at VT right after VT did. Just the way it is.

We didn't get that call on the road at VT right after VT did. Just the way it is.

Tonight it's 1.5 wine coolers and a late bedtime of 11:15, but the real party is tomorrow night. Contract extensions and frozen daiquiris with Ron. Congrats coach, you earned it!

Happy for the team. Like the way we got after the ball on/off the glass. I felt some fire in those young men tonight. Good for them! Hi-Lo game was pretty good, too. We get two more guys scoring double figures regularly...changes things.

Back