• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WAKE/STATE GAME THREAD

When we couldn't hit a bucket at Clemson, it wasn't Bz's fault. When we shoot 70% in a half to beat State it's Bz's great offense. Or so I hear.

I hate this. But I'll say it.

I saw a little Tyler Hansbrough in Devin Thomas tonight. Just a little. Tons of hustle plays, coming up with the ball in traffic, lots of little spin moves and up-and-unders. They're also roughly the same size with roughly the same athleticism.

I saw a little Tyler Hansbrough in Devin Thomas tonight. Just a little. Tons of hustle plays, coming up with the ball in traffic, lots of little spin moves and up-and-unders. They're also roughly the same size with roughly the same athleticism.

I actually agree with this. Devin just needs to get better at the free throw line and he'll be an amazing player!

I actually agree with this. Devin just needs to get better at the free throw line and he'll be an amazing player!

That was just a fantastic 2nd half. CJ only had 3 points during the comeback - everyone chipped in. Cav and Devin shredded the press, Codi hit CJ-style huge buckets, Devin was a total monster...

Kids busted their asses. Plus they did the little things. If you watched McKie on Wood - he didn't let him go all night long. When Tree was on him he cheated once and Wood promptly drilled a 3 on him - then never again. Even Devin recognized he'd try to shoot it on a mismatch and blocked him twice on huge closeouts.

Moto played like a man all game as well - tough defense, fought for boards and loose balls... Madison settled down on defense for some great plays against Lorenzo...

Really happy for these kids. Hard fought, smart, team win. And we were just on Sportscenter. Can't believe anyone would blame the students for rushing the court after the misery they've been through.

Keep it up. One game doesn't change much, but if we can have sustained play like that 2nd half... Lots of good stuff ahead of us.

Yeah but Devin looked cool while doing it whereas Hansbrough looked like a douche

Solid cross-racial comparison by Texas there.

Also, the boards are slow as shit for me tonight. #bzzout

Upgrading our server to deal with the traffic. Taking longer than expected.

"You could throw a rock out the window and hit a better coach than Bz. I'm not saying anything positive or negative about Lutz just that Wake won't be hiring him. You're far more likely to lose him to someone else."

Yeah, so, this is my favorite quote from the Pack boards. Granted, it came before tonight's "debacle." :)

I stand by that. Bz sucks and there's no chance Wake ever hires Bobby Lutz.

Good win tonight. I just want Wake to be good again.

I guess we now know where we can get some scoring from after CJ leaves. CJ with another off night and only 10 points but we pull out the big win and provide discount pizza for W-S.

All the kids in the interviews said it had a lot to do with the halftime speech. Buzz said we were playing tentatively and that they were laughing at us in their huddles. They said the disrespect really got under their skin. These kids have got a lot of fight in them.

Say what you will, but whenever someone throws a press or switches to a zone on us, our guys know what to do. They jumped into a 2-3 zone to try to change things up, and we ate it alive, and they got out of it. CMM still makes some lazy passes, but we know how to beat a press with a bunch of freshmen. A few years ago, if someone switched to a zone, we simply dribbled around it and jacked up a long contested three at the end of the shot clock. Ish could always break the press by himself for the most part, but zones used to kill us.

When do we get to talk about Gott looking like Lowe 2.0?

Deadspin weighs in this morning:

"N.C. State lost some luster when the Wolfpack fell last night to hapless Wake Forest—a team whose fans couldn't decide if they wanted the upset win or to accelerate the exit of embattled coach Jeff [Redacted]. ACC, where have you gone?"

The fact that one of their starters was unfamiliar with Devin Thomas is just inexcusable. I mean we kill Bzz for being a million things, but I can't imagine one of our guys saying that after a game.

For those complaining about rushing the court:

"Everybody rushed the court, everybody starts grabbing you and you feel like you’re on top of the world,'' McKie said. "It’s definitely a great feeling for me. I’ve never experienced anything like that ever.''

Back