• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake @ Syracuse: 3pm RSN

In re Duke's injury, he had what looked like an air cast and was dancing around for a majority of the comeback.

Also, it took all of my restraint to not yell to Dortch "wtf happened, and will you be back for a bowl??"

3 years ago, when our line was weak, people called for us to abandon our 3 plays and punt offense. Clawson stated he would never use a short term gimmick offense to mask our deficiencies. He was installing a system and we would learn to execute it. Are we seeing the culmination of 3 years of repetition? Wolford's health and the team's seasoning has allowed his talent to shine. Good for him to have such a final season!!
Bingo. But it is tough on the impatient in me.

Yep.
That's still the greatest game I've ever seen.
Down 38-20 at half against highly ranked team, and came back to win 42-38.
Took me a few days to get my voice back
Yes
Huge victory in 79

As Butch said to Sundance "Who are those guys?"

I saw offensive prowess and execution in last year's bowl win... definitely saw it today and for at least the last 4 weeks. Saw something like this game in Grobe's years against Maryland...1200 yards combined total offense
Only we didn't win.

Way to go Deacs and the coaching staff. Don't know what half time adjustments were made but they worked on both sides of the ball

Yes
Huge victory in 79

Helping my daughter move into her dorm at Auburn...I was wearing a Wake shirt. This large, muscled guy in a decked out Auburn blue truck yelled to me as I walked by questioning why I was wearing such a shirt. I mentioned that game (and I think we beat them the next year). He was not amused even though he wasn't playing for the Tigers then.

It was Bo Jackson

Moe Neal had a nice game today. He would have looked good in gold and black. I guess he couldn’t pass up those upstate New York winters...

Bowling Green is 2-8 this season. Worst they've been since Clawson's second season.

Bowling Green fans hate Babers. Don’t know how true it is, but they say he didn’t build anything, just installed his offense with all of Clawson’s talent and then started looking for a power 5 job. Didn’t really bother to recruit.

I just watched the game on ESPN 3. Holy shit!
I would have had 3 heart attacks. Them blocking the extra point to tie it was so Wake Forest. Yet this team kept making plays!! 3rd and forever because of one of out 10 penalties.. No problem. They just kept coming.

Fucking amazing and offense like nothing I have ever seen from Wake Forest. Just incredible.

The Nostradamus of Syracuse fans.

Why Wake Forest will win
Discussion in 'Syracuse Football Board' started by SWC75, Friday at 5:05 PM.
SWC75
SWC75
Bored Historian
- Because Eric Dungey’s season is over. He gave us all he had but it’s a 12 game season, (too long, IMO), and with his playing style he’s just unable to make it through an entire season.

- Zach Mahoney is an interesting back-up but he doesn’t produce wins. He’s most famous for somehow keeping us in games vs. LSU and Clemson and having a 7 touchdown day, (5 passing, 2 running) in last year’s Pitt game when nobody played any defense. But we lost all three games.

- Wake is like a lot of ACC team: they started rebuilding before we did and are thus farther along in the process. They are coached by Dave Clawson who preceded Dino Babers at Bowling Green and was just as successful there. They had the kind of season we are seeking last year: 7-6 with a bowl win. They are looking to top that this year and are playing like they can do it. They just thrashed Louisville and scored 37 in a losing effort at Notre Dame. Last eyar’s 9-28 loss wasn’t just because of the hurricane.

- We looked at them as a game we should win this year that would cushion us against the much better teams we would play on other Saturdays. They looked at us the same way and with more reason. Bill Parcells says that you are what the record says you are. We are: 3-9, 4-8, 4-8 and very possibly and other 4-8 in the works. The rest of the college football world knows that, even if we don’t. We are just kidding ourselves and Wake isn’t kidding anybody.

- We haven’t created a defensive in turnover in four games. We don’t block kicks or returned them very well. The offense is paddling upstream in every game.

- We have no running game and are solely dependent on two receivers. We play the game like the field consisted of two five yard strips along each sideline.

- Our kickers, Cole Murphy and Sterling Hofichter have looked good at times but not so good at other times.

- The trend of facing imposing defensive fronts continues: Wake is #26 in the country in sacks with 23. Our offensive line is worse, giving up 28 sacks.

- We’re very proud of Eric Dungey but John Wofford is having a better years. Wofford has 17TD passes to 3 interceptions while Dungey is 14/9. Dungey has run for 9TDs but Wofford has run for 7 and a higher average gain (4.7 to 4.2) .

- Admit it. Through all these “valiant efforts” you’ve come to realize that this team just isn’t good enough yet and that our dreams of getting to a bowl game have bene slipping away since the Clemson game.
SWC75, Friday at 5:05 PM #1
cuse10 likes this.

Auburn had to call a TO because of the crowd noise at Groves.

After the game, the Auburn coach said he thought the refs were intimidated by the crowd. Imagine that, a Wake Forest crowd intimidating refs.

After the game, the Auburn coach said he thought the refs were intimidated by the crowd. Imagine that, a Wake Forest crowd intimidating refs.

Let’s do that this Saturday night against NCSU

I have been to a lot of WFU football games over the years and that Auburn game was the most exciting for me.

After that first half last night, I had almost zero faith in our defense coming out in the second half, but they proved me wrong. Fantastic recovery. I can't say enough about the way our offense has improved on all levels, especially with improved play calls and the WRs. They really stepped to the plate after forth and carney were injured. Wolford's play has been nothing short of incredible. Great comeback win on the road in a tough environment.

I imagine some younger fans get tired of hearing about a 1979 mythical Auburn game that is not adequately documented with video. I understand, but it really was that special.

In 1978 we were 1-10; in 1977 we were also 1-10.

And yes, the Auburn coach actually said the refs were intimidated by the crowd.....

While not as meaningful, this Syracuse game was as much fun to watch. I admit that I almost bailed after the first half.

Let's be clear, the kids in the secondary are not ready for big-time football but they are a talented group says the eyeball test. It isn't necessarily surprising that after re-grouping at half time and seeing the offense a bit more that they got better.

I imagine some younger fans get tired of hearing about a 1979 mythical Auburn game that is not adequately documented with video. I understand, but it really was that special.

In 1978 we were 1-10; in 1977 we were also 1-10.

And yes, the Auburn coach actually said the refs were intimidated by the crowd.....

While not as meaningful, this Syracuse game was as much fun to watch. I admit that I almost bailed after the first half.

Weaver‘s 41-yard FG as time ran out in the first half was huge. Going into the half down 14 instead of three scores gave the game a totally different feel.

Back