• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake-Syracuse Game Kickoff Time: 8pm - ACCN

The thing is the O-line held up well against Clemson and FSU and then kind of fell off a cliff starting with Louisville.
Thought the oline was fine against UNC. State is a tough matchup. The only game they looked really bad was Louisville and Liberty.

Thought the oline was fine against UNC. State is a tough matchup. The only game they looked really bad was Louisville and Liberty.
Yeah, they weren't bad against UNC and pretty good against Syracuse. I was kind of saying they played pretty well against good defenses in Clemson and FSU earlier in the year.

The thing is the O-line held up well against Clemson and FSU and then kind of fell off a cliff starting with Louisville.

Although I can't stand him, I think some credit has to be given to Satterfield and staff. They obviously watched the Liberty film and used it as a guide to blow up our mesh. I'm sure there are other factors and losing Zach Tom obviously is one of them.

Although I can't stand him, I think some credit has to be given to Satterfield and staff. They obviously watched the Liberty film and used it as a guide to blow up our mesh. I'm sure there are other factors and losing Zach Tom obviously is one of them.
Zach Tom was so good at LT for us, so talented. He started as center, moved to LT and was awesome.

I wasn't able to watch the game live but watched replay later Saturday evening. One play I was surprised not to see any commentary on this thread was the awful mark of the ball on the long pass by Cuse that led to their second TD in the 2nd quarter. Official placed the ball on the 2 yard line a full 3 yards ahead of the correct spot which should have been at the 5. From my vantage point it was clearly wrong even before seeing the replay. Certainly not the first time ACC officials have struggled with marking the ball and definitely should have been obvious to replay folks that a re-spot was in order. See 8:35 mark of video for the play and 9:00 mark for replays where receiver's knee hits at 5.

I wasn't able to watch the game live but watched replay later Saturday evening. One play I was surprised not to see any commentary on this thread was the awful mark of the ball on the long pass by Cuse that led to their second TD in the 2nd quarter. Official placed the ball on the 2 yard line a full 3 yards ahead of the correct spot which should have been at the 5. From my vantage point it was clearly wrong even before seeing the replay. Certainly not the first time ACC officials have struggled with marking the ball and definitely should have been obvious to replay folks that a re-spot was in order. See 8:35 mark of video for the play and 9:00 mark for replays where receiver's knee hits at 5.

Very accurate point. I wouldn't have caught it.

Unless the ref thought he saw the receiver bobble the ball and not fully secure it until at the 2...

BTW, why were ESPN announcers doing a late ACC Network game?

Zach Tom played in the Pitt championship loss, IIRC...

Okay. Not sure there's a point here. But, I guess he played in the game.
There is no point, at least not a good one. The numbers Clawson has given on how few QB pressures Tom gave up over his Wake career is more than outstanding.

I saw this on IG so can't share easily - the student dressed in the banana suit who was crying at the end of the game and Hartman exchanged "jerseys" on campus, lol.

Back