• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Tennis 2017-2018

Girls are on the verge of advancing to nationals over #10 OSU

Pulled that one out of our asses... great comeback. Doubles play at 1 and 2 wasn't great and seemed to carry over into singles.

Impressive win for the women.

We were lucky to win the men's match. Lots of stuff happened in the match. A fraternity had a tailgate, which was cool. The students got really into the match and were giving Vandy the business. The chair umps didn't like it and warned the crowd several times during doubles. I couldn't help but think that much worse is said at Cameron indoor on a regular basis, and all the ump warnings were a bit much.

In singles the ump on Petros's court was way too active. Petros didn't have his A game today, but he was battling back and was about to win 30-30 point to have two break chances. He hit a nice shot, the crowd gasped/semi cheered and the ref stopped play and awarded Vandy the point. On the next point Vandy won it on a net cord serve. It was a terrible move by the chair ump.

On court 4 it looked liked Cungu was going to lose, as he was down 1-4. He fought back but Vandy had a point to win the entire match. Cungu fought that off and then won in the 3rd set tiebreak.

Bar Botzer looks really good. He's very smooth and his play is effortless. Cungu is interesting - he's small and a grinder. I think he'll get better as the year goes on and will play well outdoors on slower courts.

I could see Botzer at 4, Seraphim at 5 (once he's healthy), and Cungu at 6.

Back