• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Tennis 2017-2018

Petros wins 1 and 0 in singles and 1 and 1 in dubs. Future Deac Menelaos went down in singles for Cyprus 4 and 5 but Cyrpus wins 2-1. Rezi won 3 and 1 in singles and is playing dubs now but Montenegro is up 2-0 and has clinched the match. Both teams finish pool play tomorrow.

Petros wins 3-6, 6-1, 6-3, Menelaos just lost 5-7, 6-1, 6-2, so Petros will play a win or go home dubs match here shortly. If they win, they win their pool, if they lose, Cyprus is out.

Rrezart won 6 and 2 and Montenegro just won their 2nd singles match so they will win their pool.

Also, it looks like Skan did not to to Estonia, so he will be in the lineup today. Article in WSJ said to expect Seraphim back this weekend as well.

Petros wins 3-6, 6-1, 6-3, Menelaos just lost 5-7, 6-1, 6-2, so Petros will play a win or go home dubs match here shortly. If they win, they win their pool, if they lose, Cyprus is out.

Rrezart won 6 and 2 and Montenegro just won their 2nd singles match so they will win their pool.

Also, it looks like Skan did not to to Estonia, so he will be in the lineup today. Article in WSJ said to expect Seraphim back this weekend as well.

Thanks for the updates. Keep em coming!

Wake plays Clemson at home today at 4 pm and GT at home Sunday at 1 pm.

Surprised that there haven't been any posts on yesterdays Ga Tech match. They were 1 - 7 in conference coming (I believe) and they gave us a pretty serious threat. Doubles looked really bad until # 1 came back. Are our guys tiring? Seems like we've hit a rough stretch.

Surprised that there haven't been any posts on yesterdays Ga Tech match. They were 1 - 7 in conference coming (I believe) and they gave us a pretty serious threat. Doubles looked really bad until # 1 came back. Are our guys tiring? Seems like we've hit a rough stretch.

I agree that we aren't playing particularly well, though it's all relative as we are the number 1 team in the country and 18-2 overall. I think we've become a bit accustomed to dominating tennis from the Deacs.

Petros and Botzer, individually and as a doubles team, have been fantastic. Petros just kills players at 2 singles, and Bar dominates at 4. We really need to figure out 5 and 6 singles. I'm hoping Seraphim, Zlobinsky, and Cungu can solidify those spots, because championship teams are typically dominant at the bottom of the lineup.

FWIW, WF transfer Dennis Uspensky is playing #1 at Pepperdine. They are 6-13 (2-5) on the season. Looks like he has losing record in the #1 slot. The good news for him is that even losing doesn't seem that bad when you live in Malibu.

I was at the match yesterday and I wouldn’t call it a serious threat. Doubles certainly got off to a slow start but we won courts 1-4 in straight sets. And we were playing Dempster at 6 who has never played singles for us.

Bar has been playing better than Skander lately. Didn’t realize he was a 24 y/o freshman until that article last week. Explains his dominance so early in his Wake career.

Seems like we're giving pretty much everyone a shot to prove themselves at 5 & 6 singles.
Seraphim played against Clemson but sat out vs. GT - will be interesting to see how much he plays this weekend at Louisville and UVA. If healthy he's our #5. Then it's anyone's guess at 6.... Zlobinsky, Gadjiev, or Cungu.

If CS can get back to form, having him at 5 and Zlob or Cungu at 6 would be pretty damn good. I bet Petros moves back to 1 in a few of the upcoming matches. He’s been a machine and Gojo seems a little fatigued.

Would be nice for Carolina or Duke to beat FSU to give us a chance at ACC 1 seed. Only having to go through one of FSU/UNC would be preferred.

If CS can get back to form, having him at 5 and Zlob or Cungu at 6 would be pretty damn good. I bet Petros moves back to 1 in a few of the upcoming matches. He’s been a machine and Gojo seems a little fatigued.

Would be nice for Carolina or Duke to beat FSU to give us a chance at ACC 1 seed. Only having to go through one of FSU/UNC would be preferred.

I wouldn't be worried about FSU if we faced them again.

Wake really needs UNC to beat FSU in a couple of weeks. If FSU wins, assuming they don't lose again, they will finish tied for 1st and get the #1 seed putting us against UNC in the semis. If UNC wins, we'll finish tied for 1st with UNC and get the 1 seed and FSU and UNC will battle it out in the semis. FSU has at Notre Dame (possibly indoors) this Sunday, then home vs UNC and Duke next Friday and Sunday. That's a tough stretch.

Really important for us to get Seraphim back healthy. It's easy to forget how good he has been in dubs and at the 5 singles spot the past several years. I'd like to see him back at one of those spots and probably Zlob at the other. Gadjiev and Cungu have just been too inconsistent IMO.

Lost the doubles point at Louisville on a tiebreaker.

Zlob and Cungu back in the lineup today. Also, didn’t realize that FSU lost to VT so that’s positive.

The NC State transfer, Dempster, is playing that role this year for Wake.

Luca Corintelli did a great job in that role for UVA last year. I've wondered in Seraphim might be used in that role this year given that his shoulder injury might limit him from going multiple sets.

Back