• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Tennis 2017-2018

Strong singles showing today. Petros just waxed his opponent. His match was over before some even started the second set. Good to see Cungu play well at 6.

shocking how far UVA has fallen but still quite satisfying to see us beat them handily today.

Now that UVA is healthy they are still pretty good. They could upset a top 16 team in the NCAAs.

Wake women also won today, beating Louisville.

Awesome win over UVA. I remember only a year or two ago we were afraid collectively that Bresky would leave Wake and return to UVA when the head coach job opened up there. He's building a dynasty in Winston.

Big match at 5:30pm tonight on ESPN3 between FSU and UNC with big implications for the Deacs. Assuming we win both matches this weekend, which we should, we will finish tied for 1st and will share ACC regular season title. If FSU beats UNC today, assuming they don't lose to Duke on Sunday, they will get the 1 seed and we will match up with UNC in semis. NOT IDEAL. If UNC wins, we get the 1 seed and UNC will match up with FSU in the semis. I don't recommend cheering for UNC often, but we need to tonight.

Big match at 5:30pm tonight on ESPN3 between FSU and UNC with big implications for the Deacs. Assuming we win both matches this weekend, which we should, we will finish tied for 1st and will share ACC regular season title. If FSU beats UNC today, assuming they don't lose to Duke on Sunday, they will get the 1 seed and we will match up with UNC in semis. NOT IDEAL. If UNC wins, we get the 1 seed and UNC will match up with FSU in the semis. I don't recommend cheering for UNC often, but we need to tonight.

I don't think I can do it (cheer for UNC). The way I see it, either way we'll have to beat UNC for the championship. I'm just not that worried about FSU if we have to play them again.

I don't think I can do it (cheer for UNC). The way I see it, either way we'll have to beat UNC for the championship. I'm just not that worried about FSU if we have to play them again.

I am not worried about FSU either BUT we could eat those words, and I'd much rather be the 1 seed than the 2. I like the idea of FSU-UNC battling it out to play us in finals.

I am not worried about FSU either BUT we could eat those words, and I'd much rather be the 1 seed than the 2. I like the idea of FSU-UNC battling it out to play us in finals.

This is all true. Still not sure I can cheer for UNC.

Wake men play BC at home today at 4 pm and then NC State at home Sunday at 1 pm. Sunday is senior day for Mansouri, Seraphim, and Dempster.

Wake women play at BC today and at UVA Sunday.

Men beat NC State 4-2 (with Nava at the 5 playing our their third set). That gives us a share of the ACC title and the #1 seed in the tourney.

I see Nava & Cungu lost at 5 & 6. Disappointing that it seems we haven’t figured those spots out yet. Have we been operating on a matchup basis or is there some other method? Is Seraphim pretty much out for the year?

I see Nava & Cungu lost at 5 & 6. Disappointing that it seems we haven’t figured those spots out yet. Have we been operating on a matchup basis or is there some other method? Is Seraphim pretty much out for the year?

I think Seraphim will be back for ACC and NCAAs.

Back