• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Tennis 2017-2018

Singles lineup: Gojo, Petros, Skander, Bar, Seraphim, Cungu.... like this lineup a lot as long as Christian is healthy....

I thought the doubles point was only worth one? Website tracker has us up 2-0. Can't be right, right?

I thought the doubles point was only worth one? Website tracker has us up 2-0. Can't be right, right?

Just saw that the score is 1-0. We won doubles and got the point.
We're up in 5 of the 6 singles matches. 3-2 scores in all of them at present

Just saw that the score is 1-0. We won doubles and got the point.
We're up in 5 of the 6 singles matches. 3-2 scores in all of them at present

They've fixed it now. They had us winning 2-0 through the first two or three games of the first singles sets.

Deacs Twitter says Petros has now won 18 in a row, all in straight sets. Pretty impressive.

Looks like Seraphim not at 100% (no surprise) based on the loss (don't think he dropped many, if ever, like that last year). How long would you expect for him to get back into prime form?

Looks like Seraphim not at 100% (no surprise) based on the loss (don't think he dropped many, if ever, like that last year). How long would you expect for him to get back into prime form?

It’s hard to jump back into cut-throat competition. If he’s healthy, I’d like to see him stay at 5 to prepare for the NCAAs. If not, maybe he should just go in doubles.

separate random q — believe rankings are all by computer. why isn’t botzer ranked? seems like he’s been crushing it. on the flipside, solomon is still ranked despite barely playing.

separate random q — believe rankings are all by computer. why isn’t botzer ranked? seems like he’s been crushing it. on the flipside, solomon is still ranked despite barely playing.

You can pick up a lot of ranking points in the fall - Solomon played then and Botzer didn’t. Botzer, playing at 3 or 4, hasn’t had the opportunity in the spring to play the top players.

Impressive 4-0 win today....especially after a few guys had slow starts to their matches.
Let's do it again tomorrow.

I can't think of anything better, regardless of the sport, than beating ND one day and UNC the next.

Back