• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Tennis 2017-2018

btw is it just me or does gojo do amazingly well in tiebreakers? intuition would suggest they’d be closer to a 50-50 proposition.

btw is it just me or does gojo do amazingly well in tiebreakers? intuition would suggest they’d be closer to a 50-50 proposition.

He does. He has a lot of pro experience, so I think that's likely why he does well. Petros, Botzer, and Cungu also have a lot of pro experience. Botzer played his first pro match in 2009, which is insane.

Very solid win for Wake today to make their 4th straight ACC final, and 5th in 6 years. UNC is going to be very tough tomorrow.

So what is our best chance today? Dubs, 2, 3, 4?

So what is our best chance today? Dubs, 2, 3, 4?

That’s how we won in the reg season. Would think Gojo (vs #3 Blumberg) is our next best shot if we drop dubs or if Skander loses. No clue on 5 & 6. Had Cungu and Gadjiev last time and both got swept (Cungu got rolled at 5). Incidentally, that’s who we had yesterday but flipped in the lineup, so maybe you stick with that, or maybe get Nava in there somehow. Or even take a chance with Seraphim.

Doubles will be interesting. I’m assuming we go Skan/Gojo, Petros/Botzer, Dempster/Seraphim like yesterday. Those first two combos look mighty but UNC has the #1 ranked team. How good of a duo is Dempster/Seraphim?

Gojo & Skan w/ a quick break at #1 dubs. lessssss goooo

gave it right back, skander missed on an easy smash to blow it

Last edited:
urgh gojo blew a bunch of set points and ended up losing the tiebreaker

The fact that both (all?) teams are wearing the same outfits makes casual watching pretty difficult.

No longer up a break in 5, but Bar took 2nd set in 4 to even that match.

Back