• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Tennis 2017-2018

Former UNC player Brayden Schnur tweeted, "Desperate times call for... congrats on the championship tho @WakeMTennis #ClassAct @College10s2day @ITA_Tennis" with a video of Gojo making a bad call.

He was a terrible sport in college and made his share of bad calls. What a whiner.

After missing a first serve later in the second set the UNC player playing Gojo was whining to the official about the Wake fans starting a cheer as he served. The official shrugged and said they were cheering for other courts. As the UNC guy kept whining Gojo said, just take the first serve over. The UNC guy said thanks, served again, and Gojo won the point anyway.

After missing a first serve later in the second set the UNC player playing Gojo was whining to the official about the Wake fans starting a cheer as he served. The official shrugged and said they were cheering for other courts. As the UNC guy kept whining Gojo said, just take the first serve over. The UNC guy said thanks, served again, and Gojo won the point anyway.

That's great. Thanks for posting.

Two ACC titles this year for WF?

- Men's Soccer
- Men's Tennis

Anything else?

Great job by Coach Bresky, the staff and players!

Congrats to the Tennis Team for winning the ACC CHAMPIONSHIP. All the better that it included beating fake class u.

Selection show tonight at 5:30. I expect us to get the 1 seed. TCU/Illinois is the 8/9 and Stanford/TAMU is the 4/5. Individual selections should come out sometime tomorrow, and then ACC awards will be announced on Thursday. I hope and expect Petros to get Player of the Year.

Who will Skander play doubles with for the individual? Looks like he is on 3 ranked teams (Chrysochos 2, Dempster 19, Gojo 31).

Selection show tonight at 5:30. I expect us to get the 1 seed. TCU/Illinois is the 8/9 and Stanford/TAMU is the 4/5. Individual selections should come out sometime tomorrow, and then ACC awards will be announced on Thursday. I hope and expect Petros to get Player of the Year.

I would be all for Petros getting player of the year. He is so good. He has also been dominant all spring. However, do you think they would give it to a player that has mostly been at 2 singles and 2-3 doubles? I hope so.

Who will Skander play doubles with for the individual? Looks like he is on 3 ranked teams (Chrysochos 2, Dempster 19, Gojo 31).

Good question, and something I have wondered about too. You could argue to get your highest ranked team in there because they'll be seeded high and have a favorable draw. Or, you could argue to get Dempster in there because he's a senior and it would get more Wake players in the tournament, since Petros and Gojo will be in it for singles.

Good question, and something I have wondered about too. You could argue to get your highest ranked team in there because they'll be seeded high and have a favorable draw. Or, you could argue to get Dempster in there because he's a senior and it would get more Wake players in the tournament, since Petros and Gojo will be in it for singles.

In Bresky we trust...

I knew that Petros has obviously had a great year (and career), but I just looked up his numbers and they are incredible. For the year, he is 34-4 in singles and 25-4 in doubles. In ACC play he is 10-0 in singles and 8-2 in doubles. He has won 20 straight singles matches!

I think it is definitely down to Petros and Blumberg. Blum did play 1 all year, and won a national singles title in the fall. Petros was a national singles runner up in the fall and dubs winner with Skan. Blum is #2 in the country in singles and #1 in dubs. Hard to compete with that, but he did lose to Alvarez of Duke in straights in dual play, and had a few other matches that didn't finish or went 3. Petros hadn't lost a set in 2 months until ND last week. Will be close.

Last edited:
Back