• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake to keep [Redacted] according to John Feinstein sources

The part of me that enjoys spectacles wants this to happen. If true, Wellman is lighting himself on fire. It's wild. it's different. It's insane. I want to watch it happen, all of it.

The part of me that loves Wake Forest feels otherwise.

Di8koFD.gif

Well, the boards are going to be busy this afternoon.

The part of me that enjoys spectacles wants this to happen. If true, Wellman is lighting himself on fire. It's wild. it's different. It's insane. I want to watch it happen, all of it.

If this horseshit is true, Wellman has essentially told every alum, fan and anyone else who might care about Wake Forest sports, to go fuck themselves and it's pretty obvious he plans to retire and turn this entire trash heap of an athletic program over to the next sucker, I mean AD, willing to take the job.

absolutely

Guys, if we were really retaining him there would have been 47 different posters claiming they knew someone who knew a trustee who says Bz is staying.

This is a masterful troll job by Feinstein.

Guys, if we were really retaining him there would have been 47 different posters claiming they knew someone who knew a trustee who says Bz is staying.

seriously, some asshole staffers are probably laughing their asses off right now

plus it says "not firing" which none of us thought would happen anyway. technically resigning is not getting fired.

:nosat

Maybe Feinstein is trying to do us a solid. Let something leak, hopefully it gets more steam than some rando in Charlotte, and force Wellman's hand.

The way I look at it is this. Wellman has four options:

1) fire Bz and keep some assistants
2) fire everybody
3) keep everybody
4) keep Bz and fire at least one of battle, childress, and rusty

option 1 makes sense, given rusty and chill's wfu legend/human shield status, and he did it with Dino.
option 2 makes sense, obviously
option 3 is what he's done every year up until this year, although this year it would require an extension.
option 4 is the most idiotic move he could possibly make. keeping an unpopular HC, firing a popular and long-time assistant (although he did it with Corbean), and/or firing WFU living legends popular in the alumni base and local fan community? there are no positive outcomes here. zero. zilch.

obviously the radio host is just trying to get some follows/retweets/etc. but there is absolutely no chance that what he "reported" will actually occur.

So who else works as a basketball guy at CBS that Feinstein might give this scoop to? Seth Davis? Gottleib? Kellogg?

Nah. Fuck those guys. I'm going to text T-Bone down in Charlotte.

plus it says "not firing" which none of us thought would happen anyway. technically resigning is not getting fired.

:nosat

Think this is probably what happened. Word hasn't yet leaked about Bz's "resignation," but maybe Battle and Rusty (my guesses) have already been putting their names out there looking for new assistant positions and people have latched onto that data point without realizing Bz will soon be in the same boat.

Such bull shit. He's toast. Wellman has laid no groundwork to keep him. No "heavens yes" or "couldn't be happier" interviews. RW has been on radio blackout the entire season. Bzz is done.

There is no explanation needed. They are trolling. Just like when Marc with a C said Bz was coming back.

Back