• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Track + Football

That makes more sense even still it says nothing about the 800. It's pretty unheard of for a dude to be that good in both the 200 and the 800 unless his hs sucks.

It's pretty unheard of for a dude to be that good in both the 200 and the 800 unless his hs sucks.

Yeah, the 200 and 800 are very different races. Either 1) His HS does suck, or 2) He doesn't have the 800 record, as lectro suggests but his bio fails to make note of.

The bios are often either exaggerated by the athlete or translated incorrectly.

Desmond is running the 400 for conditioning purposes.

He won the District 200 Meters 3 years in a row in Jacksonville, Florida.

One reason why he was Miami's #1 Safety target. Arkansas and West Virginia thought the same.

Matt James is the top All-Around track guy on the team having set school records in 200,400,800, long jump,triple jump and high jump.

If that's the case, he must be in absolutely dreadful shape right now. Is he recovering from a very serious injury that completely limited his ability to work out?

That makes more sense even still it says nothing about the 800. It's pretty unheard of for a dude to be that good in both the 200 and the 800 unless his hs sucks.

Elite mid-distance runners (sub 4:10 hs milers) can often run sub-50 second quarters when fit.

Elite sprinters, however, can rarely run fast 800s.

I could easily see an elite miler running sub-24 for the 200, sub-50 for the 400, sub 1:50 for the 800 and pulling school records at even a solid high school. They definitely would struggle with the jumps records though.

Elite mid-distance runners (sub 4:10 hs milers) can often run sub-50 second quarters when fit.

Elite sprinters, however, can rarely run fast 800s.

I could easily see an elite miler running sub-24 for the 200, sub-50 for the 400, sub 1:50 for the 800 and pulling school records at even a solid high school. They definitely would struggle with the jumps records though.

This would have to be the whitest HS ever for the 200m record to be that slow.

The school record part is what makes it difficult but I've seen a lot sprinters run retarded positive split 800's that still blew my smarter 800 PR away.

This would have to be the whitest HS ever for the 200m record to be that slow.

The record times are listed in his bio:

Set school records in the 200m (21.7), 400m (48.8), long jump (23'5"), triple jump and high jump
http://www.wakeforestsports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/james_matt00.html

His 4.6 40, 200m times and jump records sound more like a sprinter (that, and the fact that he's 6'5"). Combined with the lack of actually listing the 800 in his bio, makes me think lectro may have just been off when he posted about the 800. Or maybe he just ran a hell of an 800 at some point.

Last edited:
I have been arguing with lectro about track stuff for years.

There are plenty of people who know more about this stuff than I do (ziggy, deacENDS, maybe even Latt M.), but certainly not lectro.

The supposed records are listed in his bio:

His 4.6 40, 200m times and jump records sound more like a sprinter (that, and the fact that he's 6'5"). Combined with the lack of actually listing the 800 in his bio, makes me think lectro may have just been off when he posted about the 800. Or maybe he just ran a hell of an 800 at some point.

800 record or no 800 record, Matt James sounds like a pretty sick athlete. I just can't get over the fact that Desmond Cooper dropped a 400m time that would lose to high school girls.

Racer, I saw his record times they were good, I was disputing the 800m record. That 400 time was terrible but those would be some pretty sick HS girls.

Racer, I saw his record times they were good, I was disputing the 800m record. That 400 time was terrible but those would be some pretty sick HS girls.

Not particularly; all of the high school all-american girls run pretty close to that each year, and most male long distance guys can run a 55 without any trouble.

Not particularly; all of the high school all-american girls run pretty close to that each year, and most male long distance guys can run a 55 without any trouble.

well if you got a race of all HS all-american girls that would be a pretty sick race. I know 55 is cake for a dude bro.

well if you got a race of all HS all-american girls that would be a pretty sick race. I know 55 is cake for a dude bro.

The high school All-American team is named after Nike Nationals in Greensboro. Used to be AOCs in Raleigh, before they renovated their track (twice).

Back