• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake-UNC Game Thread - 8:00 pm

1. Refs were pretty bad. That double foul on Collins was Tim Donaghy level stuff. Frustrating because we had a good game plan to attack the basket and definitely gave the refs plenty of calls to make on that end, they just didn't make them. Can't get to the free throw line if the refs aren't going to call anything.

2. The defense was atrocious. We gave up at least 10 points just from lack of focus.

3. Manning deserves some heat for that half. Put us in a bad position by putting Wilbekin/Childress out there together. Absolutely killed our momentum. Also sat Collins and Crawford way too long. For a coach that embraces an aggressive end game fouling philosophy it's odd to see Manning cling to 2 fouls and you are out for the half conventional wisdom.

4. It was clear we weren't winning this game after that double foul call on Collins, but that first half was still disappointing. I hope to see us cut into a lead for once rather than give one up.

There's about 8 Tarheels in the student section and I am livid.

Saving your players for the 2nd half does no good if you lose the game in the first.
This. So much this. I yelled put Collins back in and Manning looked up at me. Sad that a guy with no basketball IQ knows what to do and the coach doesnt.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

But with them in and in foul trouble they play way too tentatively..defense goes to complete shit

You fucking have to continue playing Collins with 3 fouls. Jesus.

Dudes, I have to change the channel for the bit, too much bullshit.

Back