• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake - UNC Greensboro Game Thread

I guess getting on your moral high horse and claiming superiority is your only option when every one of your suppositions has been factually refuted and you have no response?

The bottom line is that, thankfully, nothing the peons on this board do or say means anything. The people who have the authority to make these decision are concerned about more important things than winning basketball games at any cost....and the good reputation of the university is to big a price to pay to win basketball games the way that Dino wanted to win them. Many people on this board, on the other hand, just want to win basketball games and are, evidently, willing to sacrifice the school's reputation to do so, if need be. They are just continuing to work themselves into a meaningless frenzy to feed their own egos. It's like one big circle-jerk.

Dino was fired....and should've been fired. [Redacted] may or may not turn out to be a decent hire. He inherited a total mess, thanks to Dino. Things are getting significantly better. The team is 10-2 on the court, and I haven't read about any current players in police blotters so far.

Any team has had in the past 30 years would have been at least 10-2 at this point. We have played the weakest I've seen at Wake in 40+ years. We were lucky to beat a couple of these absolutely terrible teams.

[Redacted] is the worst coach the ACC has seen in 40 years.

The bottom line is that, thankfully, nothing the peons on this board do or say means anything. The people who have the authority to make these decision are concerned about more important things than winning basketball games at any cost....and the good reputation of the university is to big a price to pay to win basketball games the way that Dino wanted to win them. Many people on this board, on the other hand, just want to win basketball games and are, evidently, willing to sacrifice the school's reputation to do so, if need be. They are just continuing to working themselves into a meaningless frenzy to feed their own egos. It's like one big circle-jerk.

Dino was fired....and should've been fired. [Redacted] may or may not turn out to be a decent hire. He inherited a total mess, thanks to Dino. Things are getting significantly better. The team is 10-2 on the court, and I haven't read about any current players in police blotters so far.

bob, Dino's shortcomings as a coach may justify his dismissal but they certainly don't justify the hiring of Buzz. Nor does Buzz's performance as a coach justify his hiring or his retention. No one has said win at all cost; no one wants to win at all cost. But hiring Buzz has been lose at all cost. You and all those opposed to Buzz outers have admitted that Wellman has been less than honest about his hiring and retention of Buzz. If you want to invoke culture, then start at the top. No more lies, smears, rumor mongering and dissemblings from the athletic department. What kind of example is that for the students and the players? What kind of culture is that? Certainly not one that you or I or any graduate of Wake Forest University can be proud of. And both Wellman and Buzz will be long gone before I am.

Coaching aside, I have been pretty disappointed with the leadership at the top of the athletic department. There is PR and media relations and then there is playing the fan base for fools. Too much of the latter has occurred the past five years. Hopefully we are turning a corner here and there is some accountability in the athletic department without a smokescreen of lies and deceitful actions.

Coaching aside, I have been pretty disappointed with the leadership at the top of the athletic department. There is PR and media relations and then there is playing the fan base for fools. Too much of the latter has occurred the past five years. Hopefully we are turning a corner here and there is some accountability in the athletic department without a smokescreen of lies and deceitful actions.

Exactly, the smearing of Dino has been low rent. To scapegoat a former coach for actions of players who weren't even Wake students at the time when he was coach has been very disappointing.

bob, please make your argument for why 1 or 2-year players are so bad to have.

"Lose at all costs" is an apt description for this regime. BKF apparently doesn't understand that we recruit players and give out scholarships so that we can win games. If the point was to merely be self righteous we would just pick out some undergrads to lose games by 50

Sent from my C6606 using Tapatalk

The bottom line is that, thankfully, nothing the peons on this board do or say means anything. The people who have the authority to make these decision are concerned about more important things than winning basketball games at any cost....and the good reputation of the university is to big a price to pay to win basketball games the way that Dino wanted to win them. Many people on this board, on the other hand, just want to win basketball games and are, evidently, willing to sacrifice the school's reputation to do so, if need be. They are just continuing to work themselves into a meaningless frenzy to feed their own egos. It's like one big circle-jerk.

The first and last lines are true, everything else has been refuted over and over again on these boards.

It's gotten to the point where you are either trolling or being willfully ignorant. No reasonable person looking at the facts as we know them could come to the conclusion that you and a few others have reached.

Because it flies in the face of the concept of "student athletes". College sports are becoming more like "de facto minor leagues". If a player isn't interested in being a student, he should go straight to the pros out of high school....or to some sort of minor league system like baseball has, rather than contaminate college athletics.

If I wanted to pull for a professional basketball team I would have picked out an NBA team to support.

Bob Knight's players stayed out of trouble, went to class & graduated.....and won 3 NCAA Championships and 11 Big Ten Conference Championships while they were doing it.

Well they can't go straight to the pros out of high school because they have to be one year out of high school to go to the NBA and most kids aren't going to go live in Europe for a year.

While Bob Knight was in the NCAA you had to stay in college for longer than a year. Also I love Bob Knight but the guy was a complete asshole and choked multiple people.

Cue the "he didn't choke them, he aggressively shook them with his hands around their shoulders slash neck area" post from BKF.

The national title teams had Scott May, Isaiah Thomas, and Steve Alford. Three guys who were barely 1 star athletes. Real scrubs. Yet, Bob Knight molded them into champions by sheer will of coaching alone. A true legend. The General. Bobby Knight!

Who gives a shit about Bob Knight on this board? Huge asshole who happened to be able to coach a little. Not sure we care on this board.

I would be much more sympathetic towards BKF position if these guys weren't coming to college because they had to. It's the NBA's fault, and as is, college has become a sort of a minor league. If you think we should go Ivy League then ok, but to be in the ACC we have to at least pretend to recruit.

It wasn't Dino or Skip that made the decision to recruit these guys and pull them from the NBA. They pulled them from other schools they would have had to play against. Ron Wellman hired these people to do just that.

Back