• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake - UNC Greensboro Game Thread

Last I checked college is the minor league for being gainfully employed. Computer programer. Lawyer. Doctor. Professional athlete.

Last I checked college is the minor league for being gainfully employed. Computer programer. Lawyer. Doctor. Professional athlete.

Well said.

This is true. I was against firing Dino because I think his performance merited job retention at that time. However, I was really excited to see who we could get. And then the Bzzz dropped out.

I felt the same way. I actually entertained the thought that Wake Forest had finally made such a major commitment to excellence that 61-31 was just not good enough. Then instead of Brad Stevens we got Ron Wellman's crony "hunch".

... The people who have the authority to make these decision are concerned about more important things than winning basketball games at any cost....and the good reputation of the university is to big a price to pay to win basketball games the way that Dino wanted to win them. ...

The "good reputation of the university is to big a price to pay" to allow the AD to engage in smear campaigns, rumor mongering, dissembling, and outright lies.
The "good reputation of the university is to big a price to pay" to employ convicted felons in positions of authority.
The "good reputation of the university is to big a price to pay" so that our empty suit President can endorse the alarming lack of integrity in his administration.

Nathan Hatch and Ron Wellman have done much, MUCH more to damage the reputation of MSD than Dino Gaudio ever did.

Last edited:

Great point. If I could have learned everything I needed to about philosophy in two years and then gone "pro" for 10 million dollars then you bet I would have done that.

The national title teams had Scott May, Isaiah Thomas, and Steve Alford. Three guys who were barely 1 star athletes. Real scrubs. Yet, Bob Knight molded them into champions by sheer will of coaching alone. A true legend. The General. Bobby Knight!

Isaiah Thomas was an excellent athlete, basketball player and a top ranked recruit. Unfortunately he was a huge asshole as a person. May and Alford became outstanding college players and champions due to Knight.

Even if Dino's players had murdered, raped, and pillaged the entire Piedmont Triad, hiring Jeff [Redacted] still would have made no sense. No circumstances whatsoever could have justified hiring him.

Can't believe this thread is still going on...

Basketball. It'll be "closer than the experts" think.*

*I am one of the most outspoken and ardent BuzzOuters on the boards. I think he sucks. I've been against the hire since minute one. However, UNC has been very volatile this year, we are excellent at home, and it's a rivalry game. We will play them close.

HAHAHAHA

I agree....and I wouldn't be very surprised if we win that game. I think that our team is close to as good as Carolina is right now. If you average all four of Sagarin's rating systems, Carolina is ahead of us by 5.2 points on a neutral court.

We will see what the people who really know...the professional oddsmakers...say in a couple of weeks. I would be surprised is Carolina is favored by any more than 5 points.

ETA: Right now, the Wake Forest team is quite a bit better than its fans. (Not better than its fans think it is....better than its fans, period.)

OOOOOH KILL EM

Back