• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake v Duke game thread - Shirts vs. Skins

We suck at closing games out...happens too friggin' often.... How in hell do we have 3 of their guys w/4 fouls the last 6-8 mins and none of them foul out!? We just can't make the clutch shots at the end....Duke and Clemson, among others, have....

Season is officially over....:cliffs:

Forget making clutch shots. We can't even get decent looks. It's just waste 15 seconds in the backcourt and then force something off the dribble.

I'm not sure why it is so obvious to everyone else that we move away from going to Collins and lose. Yet we keep doing it.

having mitchel on kennard was the worst decision he made. next year that will be chaundee. we are still overmmatched physicaly other than crawford at the guard position. it was an easy call for duke to hit that three with wilbekim having no chance of effecting the shot.

I will not give another god damn dime to the Deacon Club until we get a basketball coach that can in the last 5 minutes. This one is all on Manning. Fucker.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

All we had to do was drive the ball and hit free throws. Instead we pass the ball around the perimeter and then jack up a sit shot. That is on the coaches-- playing not to lose. It does not work in football and apparently does not work for Wake in basketball. That last three minutes will cost us the rest of the season. Put it with Clemson and we have pissed away a great chance to make the dance. I hate coaches who play it safe and plat not to lose. I officially hate this head coach! Manning -out

That ball definitely hit the rim. The ball went straight down after it did, then Duke knocked it out of bounds. Have no idea how they missed it.

Our guards are too small to be a great team.

Ball has got to be forced inside. I want to see Moore and Collins at the same time.

Well its a loss but Wake got a bum deal I think on that shot clock violation. However, Im not sure what Childress was thinking running in there at Allen. That was a dumb move on his part.

Keep attacking rim and that's an easy W. instead O shifted to hold ball at point and chuck. Mystery why this team collapses every game with a lead.

I will not give another god damn dime to the Deacon Club until we get a basketball coach that can in the last 5 minutes. This one is all on Manning. Fucker.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

We're screwed if you happen to be Mitt Shah

Our guards are too small to be a great team.

Ball has got to be forced inside. I want to see Moore and Collins at the same time.

would only ever happen if both had zero fouls with under 15 to go in the second. we are too thin down low against loaded teams

Back