• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake v. Georgia Southern Thread

Fields has a nice handle and sees the floor well. He also went 0/4 from the field and 0/3 from deep and forced a couple.

He's played 41 minutes in two games, and on a team that is going to struggle to score he's put up 7 points on under 20% shooting.

Chennault can't shoot 3's either, but at least has scored 22 points and is finishing inside so far. He's also been setting the tone on defense with 4 steals last night and only 2 turns.

I think [Redacted] realizes the upside for Fields and is giving him a lot of minutes, but to take over a starting role on this team he's got to be a threat to score, end of story. The bottom line is both guys are probably solid backup point guards at the ACC level, unless Fields learns how to score or TC matures a ton. I think they will probably split minutes all year before CMM takes over.

Fields has a nice handle and sees the floor well. He also went 0/4 from the field and 0/3 from deep and forced a couple.

He's played 41 minutes in two games, and on a team that is going to struggle to score he's put up 7 points on under 20% shooting.

Chennault can't shoot 3's either, but at least has scored 22 points and is finishing inside so far. He's also been setting the tone on defense with 4 steals last night and only 2 turns.

I think [Redacted] realizes the upside for Fields and is giving him a lot of minutes, but to take over a starting role on this team he's got to be a threat to score, end of story. The bottom line is both guys are probably solid backup point guards at the ACC level, unless Fields learns how to score or TC matures a ton. I think they will probably split minutes all year before CMM takes over.

Fair points.

Yeah I dont see Fields starting anytime soon. Mostly because I think Bz likes him coming off the bench with his speed. He came in last night for the first time and immediatley stole the ball. I am very encouraged by his play, especially his vision. And I think his shot will develop, its already better than TC's even though it didnt show last night. But right now TC is more of a leader and probably needs to start to set the tone in terms of physicality.

I don't think TC or Fields is going to be the "answer," (Harris is our best point guard) but I think Fields is the better player. The Ish comparisons were off-base though, Fields looks like more of a game manager (which is fine). He needs to calm down on defense, but he's better there than TC and I love how he hasn't turned the ball over.

Chennault just doesn't have the athleticism to succeed, especially when combined with his lack of a jumper. At least he started finishing last night.

I thought Fischer looked great though. I was expecting solid ballhandling and passing, but his overall athleticism was better than I was expecting.

Back