• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake-Vanderbilt GAME THREAD - 9/9/2023, 11am Allegacy Federal Credit Union Stadium - lightening delay

DeacsOrDie

Reaction score
Can anyone post Clawson's pre-Vandy presser?

Looking forward to some mimosa tailgating. Not really but it will be good to be at the game.

Based on what the Elon game sounded like it'll be a $15 store brand poptart and room-temp watered down coffee.
I got a cheeseburger at the Elon game. Positives: It was a pretty big burger with 2 patties and a good slab of cheese. The burger patties and cheese tasted pretty good. Negatives: The bun was old and hard. The price for that was ridiculous!

Good thing about an 11 am ET (yikes) kick is late afternoon opens up.

Would be really nice to jump out to a quick 14-0 lead while we're the only game going and THE EYES OF THE ENTIRE NATION ARE UPON US.

I joke, but I guarantee you Clawson is using that as a motivator.

Considering getting tickets for this one but goddamn would I have to get up early to get shit done before driving up to an 11am kickoff

Vandy seems like a carbon copy (well a copy of a copy) of our team: IT has the same strengths, but just a little bit worse in every area (not good in the running game, but confident in their QB and receivers). I think the difference will be our defense. If they run like they did against Hawaii and our secondary shows that it really is a strength (and not just v. Elon), we should win easily.

does having the 11 am window on ACCN mean they can squeeze in another later game?

because otherwise isn't it effectively the same as having a noon game since this game will just take up most if not all of that window anyway? plus, you're cannibalizing your own Gameday product as people (degenerate gamblers) might want to actually watch some live game action instead of whatever inane shit Pat McAfee is doing.

does having the 11 am window on ACCN mean they can squeeze in another later game?

because otherwise isn't it effectively the same as having a noon game since this game will just take up most if not all of that window anyway? plus, you're cannibalizing your own Gameday product as people (degenerate gamblers) might want to actually watch some live game action instead of whatever inane shit Pat McAfee is doing.
Yes, with all 14 ACC teams at home playing non-conference games this week, they had to find 14 different TV windows, so that is one of the reasons why they are having a quadruple-header on ACCN (11am, 2:15pm, 5:15pm, and 8:30pm) on Saturday. (not to mention, that's right folks, the much-anticipated CW coverage starts off this week with the Cincinnati at Pittsburgh clash at 6:30pm!)

Yes. Saturday the ACCN has Wake-Vandy @ 11, Charleston Southern-Clemson @ 2:15, App-UNC @ 5:15, and Southern Miss-FSU @ 8:30.

We are the only one of the four playing a P5 opponent but we still get stuck with the early game.

I'm a Spectrum-Charter victim. Can't make it to the game Saturday.

Been debating Fubo...they have Braves baseball as well.

Ive seen some bad reviews on Fubo and their customer support/service/billing practices, though.

do youtube TV
Don't think they carry Bally (Braves)? I may just do a trial of something. I really don't like the signup/cancelation hassle, though.

Who knows who/what the Braves carrier will be next season. Anyway, back to Saturday's game.

ETA: Maybe some other Asheville area Deacs will congregate?

Back