• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake-Vanderbilt GAME THREAD - 9/9/2023, 11am Allegacy Federal Credit Union Stadium - lightening delay

Don't think they carry Bally (Braves)? I may just do a trial of something. I really don't like the signup/cancelation hassle, though.

Who knows who/what the Braves carrier will be next season. Anyway, back to Saturday's game.
Yeah, YTTV won’t get you the Braves, but if you haven’t cancelled Spectrum/Charter yet, just do the YTTV 7 day free trial and see what plays out over the next week. That’s what my parents did on Saturday.

Clawson has some of that Lou Holtz "The other team always has all-world talent" in him. I never feel better about games after listening to his press conferences.

Liked hearing his perspective on the rule changes.

Bad news is our OL is bad, good news is Vandy's DL is also bad. We have better athletes and guys on the perimeter. Not sure we'll cross 100 yards rushing but also confident that it won't matter.

Clawson has some of that Lou Holtz "The other team always has all-world talent" in him. I never feel better about games after listening to his press conferences.

Liked hearing his perspective on the rule changes.
Clawson uses pressers to convey a message to the team. Allows him to control the narrative and combat complacency. It isn't quite as extreme as Kirby Smart legitimately brainwashing in the UGA football building into believing that everybody on the outside thinks they're gonna go 7-5 every year but it is similar.

Bad news is our OL is bad, good news is Vandy's DL is also bad. We have better athletes and guys on the perimeter. Not sure we'll cross 100 yards rushing but also confident that it won't matter.
It will be interesting to see if our line underperformed due to skill or missed assignments. Clawson seems to think its the latter more than the former, and put a lot of blame on the blocking of non-lineman for our deficiencies against Elon.

Well the early time may play well for us as we could stop up on way to Raleigh to catch the first half plus of game and then head to Raleigh for a 4pm soccer game. Anyone looking to unload some tickets???

does having the 11 am window on ACCN mean they can squeeze in another later game?

because otherwise isn't it effectively the same as having a noon game since this game will just take up most if not all of that window anyway? plus, you're cannibalizing your own Gameday product as people (degenerate gamblers) might want to actually watch some live game action instead of whatever inane shit Pat McAfee is doing.
heck, playing at 11am . . . wake could squeeze in another game at 7pm, lol

I know it shouldn't but this game worries me a bit. If we come out flat I fear it could be close.

I know it shouldn't but this game worries me a bit. If we come out flat I fear it could be close.

Weird game time for sure so the ACCN can get 4 games in to televise. For Vandy, it will feel like a 10:00 AM kick.

Back