• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake-Vanderbilt GAME THREAD - 9/9/2023, 11am Allegacy Federal Credit Union Stadium - lightening delay

You really get used to being on a delay. I've been streaming cable through HTC in SC for the last 4 years because they have a monopoly and give you Fire Sticks to use with their app, and I'm on a solid 2 min delay. Other than that, it functions the exact same as a cable lineup (because it is cable, just on their app).

Eventually everything will be on a delay once cable is done and you just have to worry about the folks actually at the game ruining it. I just put my phone face down when watching Wake stuff and text/tweet during the breaks.
Any kind of a material delay is a killer for those that want to live bet.

people that don't like YTTV: twitter addicts and sport betting junkies

people that don't like YTTV: twitter addicts and sport betting junkies
It also sucks when you are watching on the small delay and your groupchat blows up right before a big play happens. Even if I don't look at my phone, just knowing that it vibrated several times is enough to usually know something is about to happen in the game

It also sucks when you are watching on the small delay and your groupchat blows up right before a big play happens. Even if I don't look at my phone, just knowing that it vibrated several times is enough to usually know something is about to happen in the game
i keep the deacs group chat on mute during big games

I think most of us have YTTV or are non-cable users anyways

I haven’t tried Hulu live in a few years but the biggest differences for me were 1) user interface in YTTV is miles better and syncs across devices way way better and 2) you can fast forward through commercials on YTTV but on Hulu it stops you and makes you watch commercials. Don’t know if that has changed since I last tried Hulu but I have had no reason to go back and try it

Hulu still does this and sometimes it also doesn’t like if I fast forward or rewind too quickly. It loses my place and I have to find the right spot in the program again.

I’m not sure how advertisers are cool with YTTV allowing their commercials to be skipped but maybe they have no say. But if that’s the case I don’t know why Hulu wouldn’t permit it also. It’s definitely a reason for me to consider switching.

Hulu still does this and sometimes it also doesn’t like if I fast forward or rewind too quickly. It loses my place and I have to find the right spot in the program again.

I’m not sure how advertisers are cool with YTTV allowing their commercials to be skipped but maybe they have no say. But if that’s the case I don’t know why Hulu wouldn’t permit it also. It’s definitely a reason for me to consider switching.
yeah, it shocked me when I switched from Hulu to YTTV that I could just fast forward through the commercials. Youtube is a giant advertising company! No idea why they allow it except it seems like they prioritize user experience over everything.

I mean that's fine, but I enjoy texting in the group chat during games, and it sucks when we are all on a delay and can't be watching simultaneously.
it's like a 15 second delay not a 30 minute delay

all I know is that an 11 am ET kick is an affront to God
Whoever scheduled this game should be locked up.

So this game starts at 10am in Nashville? the fuck?

Edit: Didn't realize our stadium has a new elite name.

Clawson and Morin love the 11 am kick. I got the impression they plan to be on the couch with a beer by 3:30.

YTTV is a solid 60-90 seconds behind tweets from folks at the game in the media area and probably 45 seconds to a minute behind Spectrum. Source: group chat with folks who have had Spectrum as I’ve used YTTV for the last five+ years plus using twitter during games.

I pick the phone up after plays for texts and after drives or commercials for twitter in football. Basketball is worse because sometimes texts I get are talking about the play after the play I’m coming to talk about.

Early kickoff may be a good thing, given the weather report:

Scattered thunderstorms in the morning becoming more widespread in the afternoon. Potential for heavy rainfall. High near 80F. Winds light and variable. Chance of rain 60%.

Who can compare pros/cons of Hulu vs YTTV

I used to have Hulu. My iPad had an update, and I no longer had sound on Hulu. Judging from the Hulu forums, I wasn't the only one. Hulu's standard response is that it's a known issue and they are working on it.

It's been over a year now, maybe two.

I like to use my iPad when I'm doing something like washing dishes. It's also what I use when I'm watching at night before bed.

Their failure to address is turned me off as much as the glitch itself.

YTTV on my Roku TV can be up to 30-45 seconds behind YTTV on my tablet.

it's like a 15 second delay not a 30 minute delay
I can't speak for YTTV because I don't have it, but the way that I watch games (streaming through the ESPN app) is always much further behind than 15 seconds. Probably closer to a minute+

I remember last season getting a text about a Hartman TD pass when on my TV Wake didn't even have the ball yet

Last edited:
This has always been a problem. We're just more connected. Years ago, I was watching the at Northern Illinois game with friends and we were talking to another friend on the phone. He said, "Oh shit!" as we saw NIU fail to pick up 3rd down. Then we waited and saw the fake punt that eventually led to OT and the NIU win.

Back