• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake vs. Green Ocean Slime

you guys fail to realize how shitty the ACC is going to be this year...

Not that shitty. The ACC has 6 of the top 31 teams and 9 of the top 55.

The bottom six (including us) are ranked from 82-105. We have six games against those teams.

If I had to guess I would say we split the next 4, split our games against the bottom 6 and steal 2-3 home games against the top 9.

That puts us at 14-15 wins.

ETA: Rankings are Kenpom

The bottom six (including us) are ranked from 82-105. We have six games against those teams.

If I had to guess I would say we split the next 4, split our games against the bottom 6 and steal 2-3 home games against the top 9.

i can't argue with your logic

Higher rez!

RGoqDaa.jpg

Is that pink on those uniforms? WTF? Have we changed our school colors? Did the football team wear pink uniforms at Vandy?

That's shitty. 40% of the conference on the NIT bubble or worse.

Yep, my concern as well.

Sorry but we'll be lucky to win 15 games no matter how well Devin plays. I looked at our schedule tonight and have a hard time seeing anything better than 15....hope I'm wrong but...............:tear:

Last edited:
NAZ-T Sighting!!

I almost didn't recognize him without the bucket hat and the tye-dye, but that's him on the left side turned around talking to the older gentleman. He even has some official pass hanging from his neck.

A large part of this thread is just bashing the team for no reason at all. Bashing [Redacted] is one thing, but the players (ie the team) deserve nothing but support. The players don't make the schedule, don't determine the strength of teams they play. So far they've taken care of business this season against these bottom-feeder teams. Some posters on this board would only be happy with 30 pt blowouts every game. It's pathetic.

I'm still not sure what this group's ceiling can be despite the coaching issues. We performed like absolute garbage against Tennessee, but they're good. We outplayed a potentially dominant Kansas team for 20 minutes. All these games against shit teams are no-win scenarios. The Richmond game should be telling on Saturday. Lose that and we're fucked. We really need to win the rest of these non-conference games.

This is a decent team with a glaring deficiency in the post. Tennessee had two real men and just pushed us around. Terrible matchup. Devin is clearly pressing but will recover. UT will do that to a bunch of teams.

I see progress from this team. This staff is coaching these guys.

Buzz will not stick around. Clearly he is not the guy to lead this program. I believe no matter the record he will not be the coach next year.

I'm with Devin. Time to get behind these guys.

I'm still not sure what this group's ceiling can be despite the coaching issues. We performed like absolute garbage against Tennessee, but they're good. We outplayed a potentially dominant Kansas team for 20 minutes. All these games against shit teams are no-win scenarios. The Richmond game should be telling on Saturday. Lose that and we're fucked. We really need to win the rest of these non-conference games.

Well Nova beat Kansas and UTEP played them better than we did. Don't seem to be that dominant.

I missed the game--forgot about it. (That wouldn't have happened before the Bzdelick era.)
Just curious did we continue to play that lame ass zone we used in the Bahamas?

I missed the game--forgot about it. (That wouldn't have happened before the Bzdelick era.)
Just curious did we continue to play that lame ass zone we used in the Bahamas?

Not the entire game, but we used it a decent amount.

At one point late in the game we double teamed the guy who scored 29 points. This was the exact kind of brilliant coaching strategy we hired [Redacted] for.

Sorry but we'll be lucky to win 15 games no matter how well Devin plays. I looked at our schedule tonight and have a hard time seeing anything better than 15....hope I'm wrong but...............:tear:

jaybone's not going to like hearing that!

This is a decent team with a glaring deficiency in the post. Tennessee had two real men and just pushed us around. Terrible matchup. Devin is clearly pressing but will recover. UT will do that to a bunch of teams.

I see progress from this team. This staff is coaching these guys.

Buzz will not stick around. Clearly he was never the guy to lead this program. I believe no matter the record he will not be the coach next year.

I'm with Devin. Time to get behind these guys.

FIFY

Higher rez!

RGoqDaa.jpg

FWIW, somebody from the Deacon Club called me this morning thanking me for my support of the football program (I kept my season tickets for this past season, for some reason), and asked if I was interested in getting up to LJVM to support the basketball team. My response was, "Not while Mr. [Redacted] is coaching," to which he gave a rather hurried, "Oh, okay," and tried to wrap up the conversation. Definitely sounded like he'd heard that once or twice before. I tried to pump him for some info on Lembo before he hung up, but he either didn't have anything or wasn't talking.

Regardless, I've never gotten a call like that before, and regard that as a good sign. Maybe somebody somewhere is feeling some heat re: the basketball "crowds" lately.

Back