• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake vs ND

Opening Las Vegas line had Wake a 1-point underdog at home against Clemson....and it has now gone to a 2-point underdog....at home....and this is basketball, not football.

i thought clemson was pretty good this year. maybe not.

Regardless of the Doral minutes angst, Doral not getting 20 mins isn't what is breaking this season. His minutes would have to come out of Devin's, Collins', or Dinos'. DT is fantastic. Collis should really be getting more of Dinos' minutes. So that leaves Doral still spelling one of those three. He's earned a solid 10 mins/game.

The real issue is in the backcourt. No one can shoot other than Crawford. And perimeter D is awful. The lack of production from the 2 and 3 spots is killing us.

Luckily, that's exactly where we have help coming in next year. Let's just hope either they pan out, or Wilbekin/Hudson wake tf up during this string of weaker opponents.

Believe it or not, I still think we can have a successful season. We've only lost 2 games that really hurt our ACC ranking, and that's Va Tech and Cuse. We can still battle to be middle of the pack, which is a step up, and was the realistic, optimistic prediction going into the season. We've been up. We've been down. Time to establish the middle.

Not the most inspiring rally cry, I know, but I think most people would be ok with "middle of the pack" for this year. Finish the season 6 - 3 or maybe even 5 - 4, and that's where we'll be.

Last edited:
At one point during the ND game, Crab got the ball on the wing, made a move on the dribble and rose up for a 12-14 foot mid-range jumper. He made the shot and looked comfortable doing it. I think that is what he needs to focus on, instead of jacking up 3-pointers that he is missing. He is athletic enough to get around a defender with a couple of dribbles and tall enough to rise up and shoot over most folks from the mid-range area. When he tries to drive too far to the basket his lack of strength and mediocre handle leads to turnovers. When he jacks up 3-pointers he just misses.
Keep it simple and effective, Crab - dominate the mid-range!

At one point during the ND game, Crab got the ball on the wing, made a move on the dribble and rose up for a 12-14 foot mid-range jumper. He made the shot and looked comfortable doing it. I think that is what he needs to focus on, instead of jacking up 3-pointers that he is missing. He is athletic enough to get around a defender with a couple of dribbles and tall enough to rise up and shoot over most folks from the mid-range area. When he tries to drive too far to the basket his lack of strength and mediocre handle leads to turnovers. When he jacks up 3-pointers he just misses.
Keep it simple and effective, Crab - dominate the mid-range!

Agreed. Crab's shot still looks good, even if the selection is off. His FG% has been much better if he shoots just a foot or 2 inside the 3 point line. Unfortunately, he has a terrible habit of shooting about 2 and a half feet beyond the 3 point line for no reason. Codi also looks much more comfortable from just inside 3 point range.

It's as though the 3 point line is just dominating us mentally right now. Hopefully they can pick up some confidence over these next few games, and not have it shredded @Duke right before going into the ACCT.

Last edited:
Codi and Crab seem to have been most affected by the move of three point line. they haven't quite found new "sweet spots" from which to shoot threes.

Back