• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake vs ND

Is this a ban worthy post? Certainly breaks the don't be an asshole rule.

The mods strictly adhere to their vague rules for posters they dislike or disagree with. They ignore them completely otherwise. Should have been disallowed to start threads months, maybe more than a year ago. All kinds of personal attacks and presumably drunk, trolling threads and posts.

Just block him - although sadly you can still see his fucking dumbshit threads even when you block him. Which is why he creates so many, I assume.

Nah. The Harvey Hale replacing Downey plan.

Funny story about HH. I had the pleasure of sitting near a girl who was "in love" with Harvey his Soph year. She would yell HARVEY every time he touched the ball. Most annoying bitch of all time.

I was at the Raining Hale, Hale Bopp, All Hale the King, etc...game against GT and have never witnessed anything like it

Funny story about HH. I had the pleasure of sitting near a girl who was "in love" with Harvey his Soph year. She would yell HARVEY every time he touched the ball. Most annoying bitch of all time.

What's the funny story?

PhDeac;2348697[B said:
]Gray was 2nd team All-ACC as a senior[/B]. He didn't regress. He just played out of position due to poor recruiting.
Huh. I remember the PG part, but I thought I remember his production dropping way off as a result. Guess not.

Huh. I remember the PG part, but I thought I remember his production dropping way off as a result. Guess not.

His first couple games at the PG spot were really rough. I looked it up, he had a 27 turnovers in the first three games of that season, but by ACC play he had settled down. He averaged 19.7 pts per game in ACC play.

Pretty sure JGray is the last Deac to be All-Frosh and then All-ACC for three years. He should be remembered as an Deacon great. Same with Big E.

People blamed JGray to shift the blame from CP for leaving and from Prosser for the poor freshman class.

Just had a chance to watch the ND game.

For those asking why Moore doesn't play more minutes, this game answered that. Fatigue. He's good for about 10 mins or so - and should be used - but he was clearly laboring toward the end of his minutes. Commentators noting he was tired and he was pulling on his shorts. He's going to be good though.

Collins and Rondale should be starting. Rondale's athleticism and D are just significantly better than anything Wilbekin is giving. Wilbekin should only get 10 mins/game. He's just not big enough or athletic enough to play at this level. Danny recognizes the lineup of Crawford, Rondale, Crab, Collins, Devin and he's been going to it earlier in each of the past few games. That really should be the starting squad. (Crab is still disappointing though. Can't hit anything.) Collins is polished and his athleticism is an advantage defensively.

Collins, Craw, and Doral are going to be very good.

Let Codi and Dinos be the 6th and 7th guys off the bench. Unfortunately, everyone knows Codi can't shoot and they're playing way off him. He's taking the space and shooting but he's not making anything. He may be a step slow after the foot injury. Whatever it is, that combination is not helpful. Dinos is okay - can shoot the 3, but just not athletic enough to really be a defensive stopper.

First off I'm a big 'Play Doral more' supporter, but I'm concerned if he can't go more than 10 min. Which brings up the question why not put him in a rotation that allows him to contribute in spurts, but 2 min in the first half of a game then none the rest makes no sense.

At least DT isn't on that Sr. list. In a sense I'd equate CMM's sr year to Rutland's sr year. Injuries screwed up their last seasons.

ETA - or maybe it was Rutlands Jr. year, yep think it was.

The best way to help Doral to get over his fatigue is to play him more minutes.

You can play Doral Moore 3 minutes at a time with a few minutes of rest in between and get him 15-20 minutes pretty easily. He doesn't need to play consecutive minutes necessarily, especially if he can't handle it.

Let's say we buy into this conditioning issue. If DM is a 'earn your PT in practice' and you have a conditioning problem I could see that being a problem for DM. Doral pretty efficient and effective when he's in the game, but can't keep up during practice. It does create a bit of a problem for DM since if you give Doral more minutes what does it tell the rest of the team?

Of course none of this based on fact only on what we've seen happen in games, but it's actually a plausible explanation why DM limits his minutes.

Regardless of the Doral minutes angst, Doral not getting 20 mins isn't what is breaking this season. His minutes would have to come out of Devin's, Collins', or Dinos'. DT is fantastic. Collis should really be getting more of Dinos' minutes. So that leaves Doral still spelling one of those three. He's earned a solid 10 mins/game.

The real issue is in the backcourt. No one can shoot other than Crawford. And perimeter D is awful. The lack of production from the 2 and 3 spots is killing us.

You can play Doral Moore 3 minutes at a time with a few minutes of rest in between and get him 15-20 minutes pretty easily. He doesn't need to play consecutive minutes necessarily, especially if he can't handle it.

This. Just play him in spurts, consistent spurts!

Uh, practice also works.

Practice only does so much. Only way to get in game shape is to play in games.

Back