• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake vs Notre Dame: Nov 4, 2017 @ 3:30 pm

ND is also 900 tickets shy of a sell out still and has sold out 260 straight home games

Huge Hines fan. Wish he got more run before the injury. Now he has to step up for our season to go where we want it to. Calling a 9 rec, 105 yd game with a TD.

Shame the staff never got Hines and Dortch on the field together. A few sets with one of them at RB would have been great.

Shame the staff never got Hines and Dortch on the field together. A few sets with one of them at RB would have been great.

One thing i've never agreed with the staff on. When a WR comes into the program, you are subjected to either the X, Z, slot postition without variance (save for Chucky Wade who apparently can play all 3 positions).

You get the best players on the field at the same time.

One thing i've never agreed with the staff on. When a WR comes into the program, you are subjected to either the X, Z, slot postition without variance (save for Chucky Wade who apparently can play all 3 positions).

You get the best players on the field at the same time.

I think the reason Clawson has stated is guys like Dortch and Hines aren't big enough to be capable blockers on the outside, which one of them would have to play unless you take Sergine off the field for a double slot set. Wade I guess has enough size and speed to play either the slot or one of the outside WR positions. However, I do think we could be a little more imaginative and use them both at times. Of course we can't do that now.

ND is also 900 tickets shy of a sell out still and has sold out 260 straight home games

I suspect these are residual tix allotted to and returned to ND by Wake. These get gobbled up by Domers quickly for every home game.

I hope it rains a ton, the field is a mess, and Kelly insists on throwing like he did at State last year. That would be great.

ND Stadium has FieldTurf just like BB&T....sans torrential rain and high winds, weather won't be a major factor.

Definitely just use the same game plan used versus Louisville. As the tough Celtic great Tom Heinson once said to Wilt Chamberlin in a confrontation...."Ya better bring your lunch because you're gonna need it ! "

GO DEACS !

Definitely just use the same game plan used versus Louisville. As the tough Celtic great Tom Heinson once said to Wilt Chamberlin in a confrontation...."Ya better bring your lunch because you're gonna need it ! "

GO DEACS !

the one that got Dortch 4 TDs?

In watching the 'ville a couple of times, I found that Cam wss staying on to help block often. In fact all the WRs did great job of blocking. Could be a good time to release Cam into an open flat. Go Deacs.

https://www.bloggersodear.com/2017/...josh-adams-brian-kelly-mike-elko-dave-clawson

From BSD counterpart at ND:

7) Prediction: Who wins and why?
Notre Dame, by a lot.

If Wake had all their playmakers healthy, I'd predict a closer game considering the Irish are coming off two tough, emotional wins over ranked opponents and could be a little full of themselves after the #3 ranking this week.

But without Dortch and the others missing this weekend, I don't see Wake's offense being able to match the Irish's, and I certainly don't think the Wake Forest defense has enough strength and talent to withstand the ND rushing attack any better than other opponents have. I also think this ND team is locked in and knows that the #3 ranking in early November means absolutely nothing, and they're gonna come out on Saturday and play that way.

Last edited:
Wake better hope for a better officiating crew than was there last week.

Dream on- college officiating is semi-corrupt- the refs will play to the crowd, the ND "mystique" and know where the NCAA interest lies and will call the game accordingly.

Back