• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake/VT 11/9 - 3:30 Kickoff, ACC Network

sorry but if youre a good team this is a game you need to win. as ive said before, acc is a clemson and the other 13 teams are all about the same.

I just don't get the overuse of the delayed handoff. Having attended the FSU game it was the reason we held ourselves to 4 field goals int eh first half when we should have had at least 3 TD's and a FG. Clawson knows more football than I ever will but when you waste 12-15 plays a game there's a price to be paid. Vs FSU we held on and lucked out but but when a play is not working like the delay there should be other options. It definitely is harder to execute down near the goal line.

That was a tough atmosphere and VT is playing much better than earlier in the year. Still 8-2 hopefully nothing too bad with Surratt...Go Deacs!

Kind of where I am. This loss doesn't really bother me. This was a huge game for VT and they played like it. We were never going to finish with just two losses.

Our defense is still very much a work in progress.

Next week is a total write-off.

Beat Duke and Cuse and I am very happy with this season. Even with a loss to one of those two it will have exceeded my expectations.

Clemson scored 42 on State in the 1st half with almost 400 yds. total offense...FIRST HALF!!

^^^ there couldn't have been a worse time to play VT then today. Hooker is legit they played Willis earlier in the year he's horrible. Cold day in Blacksburg sold out crowd extra hyped. They had a great gameplan. On to the last 3 need to focus on going 2-1 and getting healthy.

Agree. Lousy time to have to go to Blacksburg. Seems like we never catch them at a good time for us.

I just don't get the overuse of the delayed handoff. Having attended the FSU game it was the reason we held ourselves to 4 field goals int eh first half when we should have had at least 3 TD's and a FG. Clawson knows more football than I ever will but when you waste 12-15 plays a game there's a price to be paid. Vs FSU we held on and lucked out but but when a play is not working like the delay there should be other options. It definitely is harder to execute down near the goal line.

Can’t stand the delayed hand off. Just waiting on the defense to get there to make a play most of the time. Would be nice if we used some of the sweeps VT was running today that we couldn’t stop.

Also, can’t stand the defensive strategy of our two senior corners giving 10 yard cushions to a team that couldn’t throw the ball downfield.

Can’t stand the delayed hand off. Just waiting on the defense to get there to make a play most of the time. Would be nice if we used some of the sweeps VT was running today that we couldn’t stop.

I'm surprised you guys haven't figured this out yet....our oLine SUCKS. The slow mesh point is a trick by our coaches to try to get the defense to commit to something and then counter it with a decision by the QB. Without that trick our oline can't block to create a normal hole for a running back, and if you've been watching you know that our QB's don't have a lot of time in a straight dropback or a normal play action. Also, when's the last time you saw anybody on our offense simply out run a defense? Never. This is not a bad strategy in the sense that we don't have the dynamic athletes on offense except for Surratt and Hinton to threaten a defense. But an opponent with good athletes on defense will stop us. Next week will be a bloodbath because we can't line up and win any matchups with Clemson without tricking them, and they won't be tricked because our defense won't be able to stop them, so we'll be playing from behind almost immediately. This is not a condemnation of how we play. It's been a very effective strategy this year to even the talent gap somewhat. But there is a limit. Louisville and VT had better athletes and won because of it. Clemson will crush us because of it, along with Death Valley being tremendously difficult to play in. If you've been there, you understand. Keep going Deacs, 1 or 2 more wins this season is a good job.

Bottom line: we need better athletes...stronger, bigger and quicker.

We have one of the best QBs in the conference, an outstanding corps of receivers, solid running back, and a fairly veteran Oline. This is about as good as we have ever had it. We need to be able to score with this group. Guess we have to hope we can get some elite runners and continue to improve the Oline. We can’t do much better at QB/receiver (just a stud TE).

Just a shame we can’t win the big ones. Having said that I figured we would lose this one at the first of the year. The bad loss was to Louisville. Have you watched them the last couple of weeks? Just one time I wish LOWF did not exist.

We also need to stop deferring to the second half if we’re always just going to go three and out with that first possession after half time.

We also need to stop deferring to the second half if we’re always just going to go three and out with that first possession after half time.

And if we aren’t going to be aggressive at the end of the first half.

Went to the game today. Very impressed by everything I saw about VT. The Blacksburg downtown is very nice and well integrated into the campus. The campus itself is terrific with the numerous stone buildings (Hokie stone I heard it called) around a central open area for military drills and recreation. The fans and people of Blacksburg were very nice and friendly, greeting me as I walked the streets and in the stands. The fans are very vocal and were supportive of the team the whole game, just a great atmosphere to watch football. The place was electric too on that this was Bud Foster’s last season there as defensive coordinator for Tech and they had a real nice ceremony for him before the game and during the game too.

Also, the folks of North Carolina should take a drive into Virginia and observe how trash free (relatively) the highways and roads were there. We have a lot to learn on that regard.

Went to the game today. Very impressed by everything I saw about VT. The Blacksburg downtown is very nice and well integrated into the campus. The campus itself is terrific with the numerous stone buildings (Hokie stone I heard it called) around a central open area for military drills and recreation. The fans and people of Blacksburg were very nice and friendly, greeting me as I walked the streets and in the stands. The fans are very vocal and were supportive of the team the whole game, just a great atmosphere to watch football. The place was electric too on that this was Bud Foster’s last season there as defensive coordinator for Tech and they had a real nice ceremony for him before the game and during the game too.

Also, the folks of North Carolina should take a drive into Virginia and observe how trash free (relatively) the highways and roads were there. We have a lot to learn on that regard.

i second this. Spent a lot of time in the Hokie House the last two nights before and after the game. Good people, good fans. They kicked our butt today and earned the win. They didnt get obnoxious about it at any point.

i second this. Spent a lot of time in the Hokie House the last two nights before and after the game. Good people, good fans. They kicked our butt today and earned the win. They didnt get obnoxious about it at any point.

Stroll on over to TOS if you want to see what Va Tech fans are about. Glad you had a good experience, but in general Va Tech fans are some of the worst in the conference. They do not respect Wake at all, which is fine.

Back