• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake/VT 11/9 - 3:30 Kickoff, ACC Network

Just a shame we can’t win the big ones. Having said that I figured we would lose this one at the first of the year. The bad loss was to Louisville. Have you watched them the last couple of weeks? Just one time I wish LOWF did not exist.

Louisville beat Virginia last week to become bowl eligible. What are you talking about?

Stroll on over to TOS if you want to see what Va Tech fans are about. Glad you had a good experience, but in general Va Tech fans are some of the worst in the conference. They do not respect Wake at all, which is fine.

Got that feeling as well. But in general, does anyone respect Wake Forest football? When their game (insert team name) comes up with the Deacs, folks aren't shaking in their boots. That just comes with winning and beating teams like VT, Clemson, Miami, Fl. State that have football culture. Beat those teams and MAKE them respect you. As a VT fan, why would you respect the Deacs especially coming into their house and knowing that Wake traditionally struggles with the Hokies. I don't like it and have noticed some of the VT dicks commenting on the Wake Football twitter page but it is what it is.

Need to take that next step and win games like Minnesota did yesterday. I thought Wake had a good chance yesterday based on how VT looked earlier in the year but also knew that VT had been improving as well. At the beginning of the year I had written off VT/Klempsun. Beat Cuse and Duke and 9-3 is a damn good year for Wake Forest football. Several games left so lets see how this plays out. Hope Sage is ok.

Seems to me it would behoove us to add a conventional run package to the slow mesh. Not replace. Add. It could be our O line simply cannot run block that style. I'd just like to see our backs hit the line with a full head of steam once in a while.

I think we need some misdirection plays. VT loaded the box and then just held our wide receivers who were in single coverage a lot.
Assuming college football is going to allow that level of pass interference, we need a more varied offense.

We might want to employ the same tactic and dare the refs to call pass interference on every play. Wish college football would clean that up instead.

I think we need some misdirection plays. VT loaded the box and then just held our wide receivers who were in single coverage a lot.
Assuming college football is going to allow that level of pass interference, we need a more varied offense.

We might want to employ the same tactic and dare the refs to call pass interference on every play. Wish college football would clean that up instead.

Agreed. They held out guys on routes virtually every play. Kudos to Hinton as he played an awesome game making some great catches and runs after catch. The delayed handoff just needs to be dialed down . What team anywhere runs a play as often as we run that? You can't run it on first and second down and face 3rd and 8 consistently and hope to win. Sure, you may pop one once in a while but it needs to be run less often and some new wrinkles need to be added to make us less predictable.

Also, can’t stand the defensive strategy of our two senior corners giving 10 yard cushions to a team that couldn’t throw the ball downfield.

This was terrible. Also agree we had to go for it on 4th and 2. VT converted a bunch of 4th downs. Wake played scared.

Got that feeling as well. But in general, does anyone respect Wake Forest football? When their game (insert team name) comes up with the Deacs, folks aren't shaking in their boots. That just comes with winning and beating teams like VT, Clemson, Miami, Fl. State that have football culture. Beat those teams and MAKE them respect you. As a VT fan, why would you respect the Deacs especially coming into their house and knowing that Wake traditionally struggles with the Hokies. I don't like it and have noticed some of the VT dicks commenting on the Wake Football twitter page but it is what it is.

Need to take that next step and win games like Minnesota did yesterday. I thought Wake had a good chance yesterday based on how VT looked earlier in the year but also knew that VT had been improving as well. At the beginning of the year I had written off VT/Klempsun. Beat Cuse and Duke and 9-3 is a damn good year for Wake Forest football. Several games left so lets see how this plays out. Hope Sage is ok.

Totally agree re: next step. That is Clawson's big challenge. We have to start beating better-than-average teams on a regular basis. We are getting there incrementally. The A&M win two years ago was an example. Need to start replicating that success. Notre Dame in Charlotte next year presents another good opportunity.

Totally agree re: next step. That is Clawson's big challenge. We have to start beating better-than-average teams on a regular basis. We are getting there incrementally. The A&M win two years ago was an example. Need to start replicating that success. Notre Dame in Charlotte next year presents another good opportunity.

I don’t know that A&M team was an example of beating a better than average team. They were pretty average that year, with an interim coach and several injuries if I remember correctly. Now, it was a win over a “name” opponent, much like beating FSU was this year. For us to win over “name” teams that are good we’ve got to increase our overall talent. We are still at a pretty decent deficit in regards to overall talent against teams like Va Tech and FSU and of course a huge talent deficit against somebody like Clemson. Clawson has/is doing a great job, best thing to happen to Wake football I think, but to get to level you’re talking about he’s going to have to recruit to a level that has never been done here and may or may not even be possible. As far as we’ve come with facilities, etc. we are still behind the eight ball in some respects. I’m the last person that wants to sound LOWF, but you also can’t ignore the truth.

However, having a QB that is highly regarded, a wide receiver that is highly regarded and a defensive end that is highly regarded can only help recruiting. Highly regarded meaning talk of leaving early for the next level. We got two 4 star wr’s redshirting this year, so I think recruiting may still continue on an upswing. If we can to borrow a phase, “keep rowing the boat,” and keep Clawson and our recruiting keeps inching up who knows, we might get there.

i second this. Spent a lot of time in the Hokie House the last two nights before and after the game. Good people, good fans. They kicked our butt today and earned the win. They didnt get obnoxious about it at any point.

I was at the game and had a totally different experience. We were on the “visitor” side but surrounded by VT fans. Fans behind us in particular were making rude comments to us every time we cheered for a good wake play, teenage girl sitting behind my sister kept kicking her in the back with her mom sitting right beside of her and knowing full well what was happening, and we were told that kind of treatment is “what we get” for being in their stadium after we got fed up and told them to tone it down. The mom then threatened to punch me in the face after I told her other 20 something daughter to shut up and leave us alone. Seemed like real nice folks. Also saw some other wake fans down in front of us being heckled, unprovoked, by the redneck VT fans. Overall atmosphere was fun, but don’t think I’ll ever make a return trip here.

I was at the game and had a totally different experience. We were on the “visitor” side but surrounded by VT fans. Fans behind us in particular were making rude comments to us every time we cheered for a good wake play, teenage girl sitting behind my sister kept kicking her in the back with her mom sitting right beside of her and knowing full well what was happening, and we were told that kind of treatment is “what we get” for being in their stadium after we got fed up and told them to tone it down. The mom then threatened to punch me in the face after I told her other 20 something daughter to shut up and leave us alone. Seemed like real nice folks. Also saw some other wake fans down in front of us being heckled, unprovoked, by the redneck VT fans. Overall atmosphere was fun, but don’t think I’ll ever make a return trip here.

Oh yeah, and best comment of the night was from the aforementioned mom who told my sister that she and her husband (me) needed to turn around after they saw we were fed up with their crap and weren’t going to take it from them any longer. My sister politely told the woman that I’m actually her brother, to which she replied something like “no wonder you aren’t married as much as you complain. You’ve been making obnoxious comments all game.” My sister hadn’t said anything to anyone except for me and only to comment on how poorly wake was playing. Also, my sister is happily married. Ugly incident but they left us alone for the rest of the game after that.

I don’t know that A&M team was an example of beating a better than average team. They were pretty average that year, with an interim coach and several injuries if I remember correctly. Now, it was a win over a “name” opponent, much like beating FSU was this year. For us to win over “name” teams that are good we’ve got to increase our overall talent. We are still at a pretty decent deficit in regards to overall talent against teams like Va Tech and FSU and of course a huge talent deficit against somebody like Clemson. Clawson has/is doing a great job, best thing to happen to Wake football I think, but to get to level you’re talking about he’s going to have to recruit to a level that has never been done here and may or may not even be possible. As far as we’ve come with facilities, etc. we are still behind the eight ball in some respects. I’m the last person that wants to sound LOWF, but you also can’t ignore the truth.

However, having a QB that is highly regarded, a wide receiver that is highly regarded and a defensive end that is highly regarded can only help recruiting. Highly regarded meaning talk of leaving early for the next level. We got two 4 star wr’s redshirting this year, so I think recruiting may still continue on an upswing. If we can to borrow a phase, “keep rowing the boat,” and keep Clawson and our recruiting keeps inching up who knows, we might get there.

Player development is more important. Our best players were usually built up within the program from lower rated prospects. The higher rated highschoolers, who we thought would be ready when they walked off the bus, rarely lived up to the hype.

Clawson at end of 1st Half complained to officials when VT equipment guys sprayed water on WF players walking to locker room

Virginia Tech as a "school" and their fans both really suck. Just imagine a giant Cracker Barrel....Lane Stadium.

Went to the game today. Very impressed by everything I saw about VT. The Blacksburg downtown is very nice and well integrated into the campus. The campus itself is terrific with the numerous stone buildings (Hokie stone I heard it called) around a central open area for military drills and recreation. The fans and people of Blacksburg were very nice and friendly, greeting me as I walked the streets and in the stands. The fans are very vocal and were supportive of the team the whole game, just a great atmosphere to watch football. The place was electric too on that this was Bud Foster’s last season there as defensive coordinator for Tech and they had a real nice ceremony for him before the game and during the game too.

Also, the folks of North Carolina should take a drive into Virginia and observe how trash free (relatively) the highways and roads were there. We have a lot to learn on that regard.

I agree with this. My son and I had the same experience. It was a sea of red in the stands though (as expected). I came away impressed with how much they get into the game. Having said that, my son said the only thing that familiar about a Wake game was when our band played high in the stands. Their atmosphere is night and day compared to a home game in WS.

I told you so doesnt quite cut it. surprised such experts are taking off guard by this offense not putting the #s up that they were putting up against the Rices and Elons of the world.

this month ban helped me. i dont have to continue on pointless debates with morons...but i can still laugh about most that is posted on here...though i do miss the days of having posters on here that had some sort of intelligence. now we are stuck with the RJS amd shoguns of the internet. Read a lot of dumb garbage this past month that i have been glad i cant respond t. the funniest was certain posters trying to trash talk someone that is banned.

ultimately the lesson learned was dont post anything that the majority of idiots on here dont agree with...youll get banned for being right

I told you so doesnt quite cut it. surprised such experts are taking off guard by this offense not putting the #s up that they were putting up against the Rices and Elons of the world.

this month ban helped me. i dont have to continue on pointless debates with morons...but i can still laugh about most that is posted on here...though i do miss the days of having posters on here that had some sort of intelligence. now we are stuck with the RJS amd shoguns of the internet. Read a lot of dumb garbage this past month that i have been glad i cant respond t. the funniest was certain posters trying to trash talk someone that is banned.

ultimately the lesson learned was dont post anything that the majority of idiots on here dont agree with...youll get banned for being right

Or, you know, you’ll get banned for calling other posters faggots or whatever it was you said. Everyone here argues with everyone about everything. You’re just a soft pussy who gets your feelings hurt easily, Buddy.

Or, you know, you’ll get banned for calling other posters faggots or whatever it was you said. Everyone here argues with everyone about everything. You’re just a soft pussy who gets your feelings hurt easily, Buddy.

lol...nothing any idiot on here has said has ever come close to hurting my feelings..especially something that has ever come from you. you are nothing more than a class A douche bag

lol...nothing any idiot on here has said has ever come close to hurting my feelings..especially something that has ever come from you. you are nothing more than a class A douche bag

And I wear that badge of honor proudly.

Back