• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake's Best Basketball Coach

Who best?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Interesting post. Of course, the different eras are a factor ... but they always are when considering rankings over time. I would rank the top five as Bones, GDO, Tacy, Dino, and Skip. Honorable mention to McCloskey for kicking the hole in the scorers table circa 1970. Every time the TV camera followed play up and down the court the entire weekend that hole was there for God and country to see.

Dino didn't install an offense for half a season, how can he be a top 5 coach in Wake history? Maybe that's just an indictment on our history.

Dino didn't install an offense for half a season, how can he be a top 5 coach in Wake history? Maybe that's just an indictment on our history.

I didn't say he was. I just mentioned my observations of some coaches. Three years is not enough time to evaluate but his winning percentage was actully a tad higher than Odom and Prosser.

I think I would agree that your answer lies in your following statement above. I was working with the candidates supplied by the OP. Murray Greason is the only other coach that I would add to the list.

BTW, how do more than three or four coaches on that list even get a single vote???

Back