• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Walker & Tabb Suspended Indefinitely Due to Violation of Departmental Rules

Underage drinking then lying about it? (as in... Honor Code violation)

Wait... Ty is old enough. Tabb isn't tho...

Shoplifting?

Are these just AD rules or actual laws?

Serious question: Is it too late to find a prospect in, say, Europe, for this fall?

I realize any recruit we bring in at this point isn't going to be great but like someone else said those guys were basically 5 fouls - which it sounds like we are about to be desperately needing.

Though there is still a chance that both could be reinstated in time to return for the upcoming 2011-12 season, at least one source said Monday that Walker’s time with the Deacons is very much in doubt because of the nature of his transgression and his relationship with [Redacted].

http://acc.blogs.starnewsonline.com/23435/wake-suspends-wilmingtons-ty-walker-indefinitely/

Interesting - I had figured if one was gone it would have been Tabb based on his disciplinary history.

I don't think the investigation into what happened is over.

And I think one of them is already gone.

KVegas' comments suggest that he does know what is going on. His points are pretty much right on target.

There are very real reasons that the details have not been released yet. These are serious accusations. It is not the petty stuff being speculated here.

KVegas' comments suggest that he does know what is going on. His points are pretty much right on target.

There are very real reasons that the details have not been released yet. These are serious accusations. It is not the petty stuff being speculated here.

If that's the case then what about my other question? Is there any chance of landing a big man for this fall?

If that's the case then what about my other question? Is there any chance of landing a big man for this fall?

Realisticly, no ... not at this point. It is not as if we werent in the market for a big before this situation happened. Offering a scholly now to someone who doesnt have the skills to play at this level and wouldnt make a long term contribution probably would not be a reasonable course of action.

I don't know about that but I do know Bz is beyond pissed. Like he could just stroke out pissed, which is one reason for the "indefinite" status. He wants to calm down before making permanent decisions, although from what I understand one has already been made.

He gave Walker 50 million chances. He could have and probably should have taken his scholly and told him to hit the road before last season, but he gave the kid many chances to prove himself and his character. Same for Tabb. Multiple chances. Multiple failures. The bad part is, Tabb was doing okay in earning his spot back on the team and the staff expected him to return. He wasn't doing spectacular and going above and beyond, but he was doing what was asked of him. The team was counting on both of them this season.

NOW we won't have one and possibly both...and if Bz had trusted his instinct and just let them go, he would have had 2 schollys to work with and could have gone after a transfer or SOMETHING to help this team.

Thanks Ty and Melvin! Now we are eff'ed even more than we were before.

Good to hear that Walker may not be back.

For some reason I'm still holding out hope for Tabb. Probably just the overall lack of bodies and the fact that he's not Ty Walker.

Forget post players. Are there any swing players still available? We need to grab one, STAT!

Back