• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Walker & Tabb Suspended Indefinitely Due to Violation of Departmental Rules

Maybe this will all be too much for Buzz to handle and he will resign..

That's about the only positive I could see coming out of all of this!

So we can get another coach that will bring in similar players? I don't think we want that bud.

Serious question (though not intended to derail the thread): would people (besides deacvision because he can't be rational on this issue) actually be happy if Bz resigned out of frustration? I'm not taking a stance one way or the other on the issue because there are pros and cons either way, I'm just trying to feel out the general consensus here (assuming there is one)

The only positive that any of us should expect is to weed out the problems, get better kids/players and win. I couldn't give a damn if they do that under Bz or someone else so long as Wake is respectable in every sense of the word.

Yes and I would resume my normal Deacon Club giving levels.

The man is a poor representative of Wake Forest every time he opens his mouth. I want someone young, exciting and passionate that will fire up the fan base once again. Buzz has already dug himself too deep to ever recover.

I doubt the athletic department can take another year like last one. Who is going to be buying tickets?

The man is a poor representative of Wake Forest every time he opens his mouth. I want someone young, exciting and passionate that will fire up the fan base once again. Buzz has already dug himself too deep to ever recover.

I doubt the athletic department can take another year like last one. Who is going to be buying tickets?

Wow. I hope there aren't more Wake Forest fans like you.

Last edited:
I would wait until basketball season until you start making estimates. The Joel will be empty.

I wish I was at home - I would upload the pic of the Juggler that we were forced to send out last year to promote the Miami game. How pathetic!

Look what I found!!!

http://www.statefansnation.com/inde...nt-miss-acc-action-tonight-the-piano-juggler/

piano.jpg

Wow. I hope there aren't more Wake Forest fans like you.

If he lands one of the top recruits he's offered in the next year....attitudes will change quick...

I'm not on the 'get out'...one recruit could change it all.

Who actually expected his first year to be a strong recruiting haul? There were nothing but Frosh/soph's on the team.... still with soph's and jr's he put together a decent class with opportunity to make it better... The freshmen need a chance..and Bzz needs a chance... good lord, give him AT LEAST as much time as we gave dino... ok, flame and negrep away...

luckily for all of you, bullets still has 4 years of eligibility. waiting on Bz's call.

I'm not giving Bz a ton of credit for almost recruiting on par with our expectations. His recruiting has been average, which looks awesome compared to everything else he's done.

I'm not giving Bz a ton of credit for almost recruiting on par with our expectations. His recruiting has been average, which looks awesome compared to everything else he's done.

so did he call you instead of me? if so then he is definitely recruiting poorly.

If we get bullshits, we will have 3/5 of a starting lineup...

PG - bullshits
SG - jtt
SF - bullets
PF - buckets
C - mckie

Let's run and gun!

Serious question (though not intended to derail the thread): would people (besides deacvision because he can't be rational on this issue) actually be happy if Bz resigned out of frustration? I'm not taking a stance one way or the other on the issue because there are pros and cons either way, I'm just trying to feel out the general consensus here (assuming there is one)

No, not at this stage. That would just make it harder for us to land a quality coach the next time around. I really hope Bz works out but the vast majority of what we've seen from him says otherwise.

Bullshit.

The Deacon Club will see your increased donation around the same time they receive all of the dollars that were pledged on the message boards for the Dino Gaudio buyout fund.

I don't know about that but I do know Bz is beyond pissed. Like he could just stroke out pissed, which is one reason for the "indefinite" status. He wants to calm down before making permanent decisions, although from what I understand one has already been made.

He gave Walker 50 million chances. He could have and probably should have taken his scholly and told him to hit the road before last season, but he gave the kid many chances to prove himself and his character. Same for Tabb. Multiple chances. Multiple failures. The bad part is, Tabb was doing okay in earning his spot back on the team and the staff expected him to return. He wasn't doing spectacular and going above and beyond, but he was doing what was asked of him. The team was counting on both of them this season.

NOW we won't have one and possibly both...and if Bz had trusted his instinct and just let them go, he would have had 2 schollys to work with and could have gone after a transfer or SOMETHING to help this team.

Thanks Ty and Melvin! Now we are eff'ed even more than we were before.

From what I know this is not something petty and it is none of the things that have been named on this thread. It is serious! Buzz has a right to be pissed off as would any other coach in this mess. I also heard one is already gone but until an official statement is made I will not put out any additional info in all fairness. It's just sad to think they were given a chance and pissed it off. I mean for pete's sake they were not even at school a week and act DUMB! Whatever they get they deserve and then let's move on. I will say that I am really sad about the whole thing because it effects the other team members who are really putting forth a good effort. Not great a great example for our younguns coming in. ;(

Back