• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

We looked better tonight than any game last year

couldn't watch or listen to the game (freezing at a h.s. fb game). Surprised that we only had 16 turnovers. Apparently CF did not play very well. Glad for a win however. Travis and C.J. seemed to produce well and Green looked to rebound well.

Stats don't usually tell the story, however.

Any comments about CF and Green in particular?

Green's motor is excellent! Plays hard all of the time. Particularly on defense. He really dug in and made it difficult for Shane Walker to play around the basket. He's skinny, but he's tough. I agree that he's raw on offense, but so was Tony Woods and he helped us out a great deal. Daniel is not there yet physically, but he's got a lot of upside and he'll have some nice games this year.

Fischer didn't really play too well, but he did a lot of little things that I think will help us down the line. His shot wasn't falling and he was clearly dealing with nerves throughout, but you can tell that he's a high IQ player who can help bring the ball up the floor and helps move the ball equally well in the half-court offense and in transition. We'll see if he can start hitting shots.

If Loyola doesn't get into foul trouble and start losing guys mid second half, we don't win. Still, our offense is designed to create fouls with dribble penetration and that's what happened.

I'd like to see your justification for this? Or, anything remotely resembling substantiation.

Both sides were hurt by foul trouble and I thought most of them were spot-on.

Every time Loyola went on a run, we sacked up and fought back. When they hit shots, we made stops and hit shots. That's the kind of effort I expect see from a WF team.

Every time Loyola went on a run, we sacked up and fought back. When they hit shots, we made stops and hit shots. That's the kind of effort I expect see from a WF team.

Agreed. Our boys showed some testicular fortitude last night. It wasn't pretty but they fought hard for all 40 minutes. Importantly, no heads dropped when they hit that shot (I think it was a 3) to tie the ball game up.

Agreed. Our boys showed some testicular fortitude last night. It wasn't pretty but they fought hard for all 40 minutes. Importantly, no heads dropped when they hit that shot (I think it was a 3) to tie the ball game up.

I'm not very refined on in-game coaching critique and I'm interested to know what the hardcore contingent on these boards thought about Bzz's performance last night. I'm also not based in NC, so I can't hear the radio broadcasts. Any insights?

One thing I noticed is that his demeanor was very patient, even after the players called boneheaded back-to-back timeouts with 15 minutes to go in the second. He also seemed to adjust well once Loyola took us out of our faster pace at the beginning of the second half.

Buzz did fine.

1 complaint -- after a timeout we had 1 second on the shot clock and he drew up a play for Chase to have a 3 pointer coming off a double screen. It ended up being a shot clock violation as the shot was partially blocked.

1 praise -- after the 1-2-1-1 press got us into trouble a few times with our guys throwing the ball into the corner, Buzz made an adjustment to get somebody to flash to the free throw line to start the break of the press. He gets a kudos for that. Led to some easy opportunities on the break.

We need Chase to get untracked, 3point shooting is his best skill but he looks very tentative from there at this point. Maybe weaker competition will allow him to get comfortable from deep.

Buzz did fine.

1 complaint -- after a timeout we had 1 second on the shot clock and he drew up a play for Chase to have a 3 pointer coming off a double screen. It ended up being a shot clock violation as the shot was partially blocked.

1 praise -- after the 1-2-1-1 press got us into trouble a few times with our guys throwing the ball into the corner, Buzz made an adjustment to get somebody to flash to the free throw line to start the break of the press. He gets a kudos for that. Led to some easy opportunities on the break.

Whoever called timeout made an idiotic call...that was LOL funny though.

I'm not very refined on in-game coaching critique and I'm interested to know what the hardcore contingent on these boards thought about Bzz's performance last night. I'm also not based in NC, so I can't hear the radio broadcasts. Any insights?

One thing I noticed is that his demeanor was very patient, even after the players called boneheaded back-to-back timeouts with 15 minutes to go in the second. He also seemed to adjust well once Loyola took us out of our faster pace at the beginning of the second half.

It's hard to tell over the course of one game honestly.

I thought he had a well-designed play to break the press each time (whether or not it was executed each time was a coin-flip). Could have shown a couple of different looks to that set though, as it was the same play every time. Not a big complaint there.

Looked good at times on offense, but still too much standing around. Seems to take a while for the players to get the play initiated...really not sure as to whether or not that is confusion by the team as to what the play is, or if we are waiting until X time to start running the set.

Effort is drastically improved and it is much easier to cheer for these guys when you know they are giving it their all every singly play.

Bz was pretty mad when TC took that timeout. Didn't think the play he drew up was that bad

Back