• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

We looked better tonight than any game last year

Carson didn't have a huge game but he is giving me hope that he can be a good C for us moving forward.

I was really pleased. He didn't get many touches on offense, but made them count when he did. Both 3's he took were great, wide-open shots. Had a bunch of blocks. Didn't do great on the boards though*.

This reminds me, our transition game seems to be virtually non-existent. We had several 2 on 1 breaks where the PG would pull back instead of passing to Carson for the slam.

*ETA: Just saw the box score, apparently he got 10 and I just didn't notice.

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=313150154

Last edited:
Haha...he worked for Gary?

Angry bald guy was comparing him to Gary, but I didn't realize that was why.

Haha yea, I was wondering about this too. Hadn't seen a coach yelling at his players like that since Leitao.

Thanks, Dearborn. Knew the name was familiar, but not sure why.

I shared this opinion on the game thread and thought I would add it here as well ...

For me, the key point of the night was that we won by 12 over a fairly decent opponent while missing 24 FTs. We are not a bad FT shooting team. That stat will markedly improve. The fact that we were able to control the game while missing an inordinate amount of FTs is a very good sign.

Obviously we have many things to address and improve upon, but I was pleased with both the effort and the result tonight.

I agree that this is a game we would have lost at this time last season.

couldn't watch or listen to the game (freezing at a h.s. fb game). Surprised that we only had 16 turnovers. Apparently CF did not play very well. Glad for a win however. Travis and C.J. seemed to produce well and Green looked to rebound well.

Stats don't usually tell the story, however.

Any comments about CF and Green in particular?

couldn't watch or listen to the game (freezing at a h.s. fb game). Surprised that we only had 16 turnovers. Apparently CF did not play very well. Glad for a win however. Travis and C.J. seemed to produce well and Green looked to rebound well.

Stats don't usually tell the story, however.

Any comments about CF and Green in particular?

Chase just didn't even look to shoot. I was very surprised. He fouled out. He is a pretty good ball handler and a pretty good passer. Defense wasn't great out of him but it wasn't bad by any means

I liked Green a lot. He's a pretty good athlete. Not the greatest basketball player, but I see potential.

I liked what I saw of Green, but he tends to disappear a bit. He had a couple of good plays on offense, didn't pay attention to him on defense though.

I'm concerned Fischer's game is too limited to get open shots.

Thanks.

The only part of the game I heard was Green's first entrance into the game and he had a quick rebound followed by an apparent fast break dunk...that made me hopeful that perhaps we have found someone who can hit the boards. If we could just have one player with the instincts, athleticism and work ethic needed to rebound well...that alone would make us substantially better than last season.

6 rebounds in 13 minutes is pretty damn good.

6 rebounds in 13 minutes is pretty damn good.

Yeah. There's a key place for Green in the rotation. I was impressed. He looked like the type of raw energy guy who could really be a strong contributor as a starter or 6th man as a junior and senior.

I think TC or Chase will find themselves out of the rotation soon enough. Depending on conditioning, I think Bz could just commit to playing CJ, Travis, and Carson as many minutes as they can go and filling in with Fields, Green, Nikita, and TC or Chase around them.

Thanks. Fields had 3 assists and no turnovers along with 7 pts. in 23 minutes...I like the no turnovers.

Back