• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

"We work on it. Ask them." VIDEO POSTED

The man is just a complete ass. It really bothers me, to the point of distraction, that a great place like Wake Forest is associated in any way with such a wormy human being.

Compare him to other ACC coaches hired around the same time. Do other schools hate their head coach this much?

GT = Gregory
BC = Donahue
UVA = Bennett
Maryland = Turgeon
Clemson = Brownell

I have heard zero complaints from those fan bases.....makes me think that Wake fans are not so demanding.

I've gone from going to games to watching every game on tv to sometimes catching a game on tv to not watching to checking the score a couple days after we played High Point to see how bad it was. Sad.

This guy is a loser:

http://www.journalnow.com/sports/wf...cle_75e3bf7e-3f5e-11e2-a6dc-001a4bcf6878.html

I asked [Redacted] afterward his thoughts on the poor rebounding performance.

"We didn’t do a very good job there,'' [Redacted] said.

"Why?'' I followed up.

"Ask them,'' [Redacted] responded, referring to his players. "We work on it. Ask them.''

We got the same, but smart aleck response from Skip Prosser when people at the Coaches Luncheon asked him if we practiced free throws after several games where we shot around 10-23 from the line. "yea, we shoot them every day at practice"

Reff, if you don't know the difference between free throw shooting and rebounding, I can't help you.

It's amazing to me that it's taken this long for alot of folks to realize what a bad coach Bz is. There was never anything in his resume of "results " as a college coach that indicated he'd be an effective coach. Some folks used to claim he was some sort of x's and o's genius. Well obviously that's not true. Some folks used to remind us that he was once an NBA guy. Well obviously, that doesn't mean sh*t. There's no one on this board who can name even one NBA coach etc. who ever translated success in the pros to success as a college guy. So once and for all, I hope this tragedy will end our foolish fans reliance on shiny objects in a coach's resume. The plain fact is that successful coaches in college prove it on the field or on the court, and nowhere else. The players reflect the coach, plain and simple. It's always been that way, and won't change until the college athletes begin to get paid and become pros while in school. But until then, the truth is good coaches are good from day one based on how their players act and perform in the game.

Now, I will say that while I always complained that Bz lacked the personna to build a successful program, even I am shocked at how poorly suited he is to be a head coach as far as his personna and leadership qualities. From what we've seen of the guy in the press, it is unbelievable that he would've ever been considered a good candidate....not only does he not demonstrate the ability to lead the players, but he's absolutely horrid with the press, and fans.....it begs the question, "What was Wellman thinking hiring this guy?" Is Wellman really that bad at judging coaching credentials? Is Wellman unable to make tough CEO type decisions? Hard to deny either at this point.

Last I will say that I 100% hope that Coach [Redacted]'s daughter isn't the object of any of these negative opinions about her dad. She is blameless. She has no responsibility for the poor job performance of her father so far. So leave her alone. And his wife as well. He needs to go, but they aren't part of the discussion in any way. Treat them with decency and respect you'd give to your own family.

Others may have seen this already, but here's the video of Bz saying his infamous line. Dan asks the question around the 4:53 mark.

Compare him to other ACC coaches hired around the same time. Do other schools hate their head coach this much?

GT = Gregory
BC = Donahue
UVA = Bennett
Maryland = Turgeon
Clemson = Brownell

I have heard zero complaints from those fan bases.....makes me think that Wake fans are not so demanding.

The Bennett, Turgeon & Brownell hires were solid hires. I wasn't big on Gregory at the time and still am not, and Donahue has proved to be a bad hire so far. I can't imagine BC is satisfied.

The Bennett, Turgeon & Brownell hires were solid hires. I wasn't big on Gregory at the time and still am not, and Donahue has proved to be a bad hire so far. I can't imagine BC is satisfied.

I would think that Gregory is showing promise with a GT team that has nothing, and still able to take care of wins that they should win. Something WFU cannot do.
Donahue has already been to an NCAAT, and his coaching past was very successful at Cornell.

The answer's even worse hearing it on the video and seeing his douchey reaction.

Others may have seen this already, but here's the video of Bz saying his infamous line. Dan asks the question around the 4:53 mark.

Is this the same man who said on the coaches show last Wednesday how he never passes the buck and always takes responsibility?

Wow. He fucking HATES Dan. [Redacted] doesn't even try to hide it from his face.

Was talking to another fan today and railing on about how bad Bz was in the last game and we got on the subject of his continuously blaming the players. Both of us agreed it was bad form and the worst leadership shortcoming we have seen in a long time. But my friend said something that might make sense. He has no ability to relate to college players and treats them the same way he treated guys making millions to play a game. And he can't change and do otherwise.

We got the same, but smart aleck response from Skip Prosser when people at the Coaches Luncheon asked him if we practiced free throws after several games where we shot around 10-23 from the line. "yea, we shoot them every day at practice"

So Skip was asked "do you all practice freethrows?" and he had the gall to answer, "yes, we practice freethrows everyday"? What nerve that guy had.

Real apt comparison, Chief.

Last edited:
Wow, it sounds even worse than it reads. Poor.

If you want a foil to how much of a dick Bz is, watch this video of Rountree from the same post-game press conference and listen to how he responds to questions about the team's (and his!) rebouding.

"I gotta get more rebounds... I don't think I put enough effort into rebounding... I don't think I put enough effort into getting on the boards... We've got to work on [rebounding] and get better at it as a team."

Back