• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

"We work on it. Ask them." VIDEO POSTED

By far the worst thing about [Redacted]...it's always the players fault.

I hope when Bz is fired, that whoever announces the firing tells the assembled media to ask Bz why he sucked so bad....

I utterly despise that man. What a piece of crap. The first thing anyone learns about leadership is that the fault is always yours and the credit someone else's, but I guess expecting class or even decency from the man who lied to the faces of a bunch of Air Force cadets is too much to ask. Burn in Hell, Jeff [Redacted].

He can't blame the players for rebounding when apparently he's never been able to teach rebounding.

He is the one putting the roster together. Get better players or train them better. You are the one getting paid. Jerk.

It's bad when DC is even obviously tired of this clown. He basically says "I had to ask this idiot twice to get an answer."

Dan needs to ask him why he never has good rebounding teams.

When we have to press in order to beat High Point, something is SERIOUSLY wrong. [Redacted] needs to go and ASAP before we lose 7 more freshman to xfer.

It's bad when DC is even obviously tired of this clown. He basically says "I had to ask this idiot twice to get an answer."

Actually, he asked three times. Bravo Dan for the extra effort...

I asked [Redacted] afterward his thoughts on the poor rebounding performance.
"We didn’t do a very good job there,'' [Redacted] said.
"Why?'' I followed up.
"Ask them,'' [Redacted] responded, referring to his players. "We work on it. Ask them.''
"Do you have a take on it?'' I tried again.
"We just turn and look at the ball and try to put our heads under the rim,'' [Redacted] replied. "But what we’ve got to do is carve out space. And they’ll tell you, we work on it. We’ve got to carve out space instead of just turning and ball watching.''

Last edited:
I could understand poor defense or set plays but rebounding is so easy to teach.

1. Box out.
2. Grab ball.

The team even has one of this cool bubbles you put on the hoop and then shoot the ball and you don't know which way its going to bounce.

"We teach it, but all these players I recruited suck at rebounding. I don't know why, I teach them perfectly on how to do it. They must just suck. After they all transfer maybe the next batch of freshman will be able to get it."

Rebounding is more about attitude than anything else. That attitude comes directly from the coach.

Here is the honest truth from a guy who coached one of the greatest rebounders in Division II history in my opinion. When you recruit big men you find guys that don't make excuses for anything. Because there is no set technique to getting a rebound. Yeah you can teach the box out, but boxing out doesnt get the ball. Getting the ball gets the ball. It may sound trite but Bz's tendency to always make excuses is probably why his teams always suck at rebounding. Teams reflect their coaches. When it comes to rebounding havin the proper technique and putting yourself in the proper position isnt enough.

You must either have an innate desire for the ball regardless of the circumstances (ie: no excuses) or you must have that desire instilled in you by the example and teaching of your coach. You can tell Bz's has no idea how to teach rebounding because he thinks it is a technique and not a passion.

As a side note the kid I coached was 6'5" and could barely dunk. He played with a broken bone in his hand half of his senior year. He couldn't shoot but he loved defense and rebounding to the tune of about 13 rebounds a game. He was the main reason we won our last 26 games and the national championship.

Last edited:
Back