• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

"We work on it. Ask them." VIDEO POSTED

You know it's bad when, even after a win, the coach still sounds apathetic about the performance. For the love of god, if you want your players to go out and play hard for you, don't throw them under the bus to save face. It's clearly a systematic fault, not the player's shortcomings.

Can you imagine how depressing it must be to play for him? The guy seemingly brings no energy, little positivity, etc. When you've got a young team especially you need a high energy coach, a coach that can make things fun and lively when the team needs, a coach that can peel the paint of the walls when they need that too. I just can't imagine [Redacted] being any of those things.

Seriously, does this guy try to be a douchebag? Even after a win, he can't help himself. How does this idiot still have a job?

Can you imagine how depressing it must be to play for him? The guy seemingly brings no energy, little positivity, etc. When you've got a young team especially you need a high energy coach, a coach that can make things fun and lively when the team needs, a coach that can peel the paint of the walls when they need that too. I just can't imagine [Redacted] being any of those things.

Exactly. The number of transfers speaks for itself in terms of what [Redacted] brings to the table here, but do you ever hear any of the big names in CBB throwing their team under the bus? I know it's not the same since he's a good coach, but Tom Crean inherited an awful situation and through everything, I've never once heard him throw any players under the bus. He went to war for his team, even knowing that they likely weren't going to succeed and then look where they are. There's a lot more to coaching than X's and O's and seemingly [Redacted] is never going to realize that.

"Ask them" It's a Tuesday" I just don't know" Can't you see? Bz clearly doesn't understand all the aspects of coaching and is asking for help in his own subtle way! Next practice is this afternoon right? Who's down to head out to W-S to teach some boxing out, passing, and X's and O's? We can let Bz sit this practice out, and if all goes well sit the rest of the practices and games out for the rest of the season.

Here's my question: is Bz self-aware that there is at least the possibility that he'll be fired in the next few months, if not sooner?

If yes, isn't he doing a piss poor job of presenting himself as a candidate for his next position? I mean, isn't he destroying any reason another AD would hire him with quotes like this?

Here's my question: is Bz self-aware that there is at least the possibility that he'll be fired in the next few months, if not sooner?

If yes, isn't he doing a piss poor job of presenting himself as a candidate for his next position? I mean, isn't he destroying any reason another AD would hire him with quotes like this?

Fuck you buddy.

I said this last night, but at this point [Redacted] has no class by continuing his job. Any decent man would resign at this point.

9267220-3d-rendering-of-a-running-dwarf.jpg

Rebounding is more about attitude than anything else. That attitude comes directly from the coach. Here is the honest truth from a guy who coached one of the greatest rebounders in Division II history in my opinion. When you recruit big men you find guys that don't make excuses for anything. Because there is no set technique to getting a rebound. Yeah you can teach the box out, but boxing out doesnt get the ball. Getting the ball gets the ball. It may sound trite but Bz's tendency to always make excuses is probably why his teams always suck at rebounding. Teams reflect their coaches. When it comes to rebounding havin the proper technique and putting yourself in the proper position isnt enough.

You must either have an innate desire for the ball regardless of the circumstances (ie: no excuses) or you must have that desire instilled in you by the example and teaching of your coach. You can tell Bz's has no idea how to teach rebounding because he thinks it is a technique and not a passion.

As a side note the kid I coached was 6'5" and could barely dunk. He played with a broken bone in his hand half of his senior year. He couldn't shoot but he loved defense and rebounding to the tune of about 13 rebounds a game. He was the main reason we won our last 26 games and the national championship.

I agree that attitude and effort are a big part of rebounding. And I have been saying since December of his first year, that a team coached by Buzz will never be greater than the sum of it's parts. In fact, I think that being coached by Buzz means that an individual player will never achieve their full potential as a player. But I also think that poor rebounding under Buzz is an outcome of Buzz's flawed offensive. Even before he arrived here his teams sucked at rebounding. If your offensive scheme is going to make your team deficent in rebounding, it's going to be hard to win consistently. I remember fondly how Trelonnie Owens always seemed to be in the right position for the putback. The good old days...

No. He probably knows he doesn't have a reason to. Keep in mind that he probably isn't any different of a guy he's been anywhere else and he has been actively pursued for 3 jobs within the last 7+ years. Given that track record, why should he be concerned?

Didn't BabyDeac75 say a week ago that Buzz is well aware that we want him out, but that he's not going anywhere because that would void his contract? Or something to that effect.

Hard to imagine a more defensive answer. Rather than the coach supporting the players; the coach is asking the players to take one for him. Unbelievable.

Even if [Redacted]'s perspective is correct, what a ridiculous answer: "Not me, it's them."

Last edited:
Didn't BabyDeac75 say a week ago that Buzz is well aware that we want him out, but that he's not going anywhere because that would void his contract? Or something to that effect.

Does he need this job that much? Completely selfish to keep burying a once proud program deeper and deeper in shit while a fanbase and city hates you just because you don't want to resign. I can't imagine that his family really wants him to remain coach either.

Does he need this job that much? Completely selfish to keep burying a once proud program deeper and deeper in shit while a fanbase and city hates you just because you don't want to resign. I can't imagine that his family really wants him to remain coach either.

What does he care? He's not from the area and has no real ties to the school, other than the fact that he's a longtime buddy of the AD and his daughter goes to school here. He's just here to make a little bit more retirement money and then buy a nice piece of retirement property next to Roy Williams on Wrightsville Beach. I don't think he really gives a shit what his actions have longterm with WF. His callous subtle remarks reflect that.

What does he care? He's not from the area and has no real ties to the school, other than the fact that he's a longtime buddy of the AD and his daughter goes to school here. He's just here to make a little bit more retirement money and then buy a nice piece of retirement property next to Roy Williams on Wrightsville Beach. I don't think he really gives a shit what his actions have longterm with WF. His callous subtle remarks reflect that.

well, a person without integrity and character would care more about their status as a head coach and paycheck. i'm saying this just proves he is not a high quality man if his priorities are this out of whack. someone with an ounce of integrity would step down after this season.

He's just here to make a little bit more retirement money and then buy a nice piece of retirement property next to Roy Williams on Wrightsville Beach.

He's had the beach house, even before he took the Wake job (shows as purchased in 1996 on Zillow):
http://411.info/people-directory/North-Carolina/Sunset-Beach/[Redacted]/

Back