• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

"We work on it. Ask them." VIDEO POSTED

well, a person without integrity and character would care more about their status as a head coach and paycheck. i'm saying this just proves he is not a high quality man if his priorities are this out of whack. someone with an ounce of integrity would step down after this season.

I wouldn't walk away from a legitimate contract. Why should he? Not that I want him as coach, but why should he give up his income if he's entitled to it? Integrity aside, mouths to feed are mouths to feed

I wouldn't walk away from a legitimate contract. Why should he? Not that I want him as coach, but why should he give up his income if he's entitled to it? Integrity aside, mouths to feed are mouths to feed

How many of us would turn down a $1M a year job just because we sucked at it and people hated us? It's a good question.

In his case, he's 60. This is probably his last head coaching job.

Because supposedly he'd be qualified to get an assistant gig somewhere in NBA. The guy isn't poor, I doubt he really needs the Wake job to "feed his family." Some things like your reputation and legacy are more important than a paycheck. I just can't imagine being in his position and not having the guts to resign.

He's had the beach house, even before he took the Wake job (shows as purchased in 1996 on Zillow):
http://411.info/people-directory/North-Carolina/Sunset-Beach/[Redacted]/

Where is that shark tracker thingy? Maybe Buzz will take weekend trip to the beach when sharks are in ful bloom

Bz's contract would define the termination terms.

Most likely that the WF/[Redacted] contract has a buy-out clause that allows WF to terminate the contract and make a lump sum payment to Bz. The amount of the lump sum payment decreases during the course of the contact. For example let's assume Bz makes $750K a year and has a 5 year contract ($3.75 total). If Bz is terminated during the 1st year, WF must pay $2 million; 2nd year $1.5 million; 3rd year $1 million; 4th year $500K. Without a buyout provision, WF can fire BZ, but must pay his salary until the contract expires or until he gets another basketball job.

Because supposedly he'd be qualified to get an assistant gig somewhere in NBA. The guy isn't poor, I doubt he really needs the Wake job to "feed his family." Some things like your reputation and legacy are more important than a paycheck. I just can't imagine being in his position and not having the guts to resign.

I would be willing to bet that a large majority of people (in the world, not on this board) would disagree with you. They would say take the check quick before someone else does.

That said - if I truly sucked at a job like this then I would resign; but that's because I would feel embarrassed, not because about feeling guilty holding an employer to a contract. If you offer a contract, be prepared to honor it.

Bz's contract would define the termination terms.

Most likely that the WF/[Redacted] contract has a buy-out clause that allows WF to terminate the contract and make a lump sum payment to Bz. The amount of the lump sum payment decreases during the course of the contact. For example let's assume Bz makes $750K a year and has a 5 year contract ($3.75 total). If Bz is terminated during the 1st year, WF must pay $2 million; 2nd year $1.5 million; 3rd year $1 million; 4th year $500K. Without a buyout provision, WF can fire BZ, but must pay his salary until the contract expires or until he gets another basketball job.

What's your point? I understand how contracts work. Either way pay him salary, or we pay him buyout. Both are cash out of our pocket, no matter how you write the books. Does any contract not have a buy-out nowadays? I'd be shocked

Last edited:
I would be willing to bet that a large majority of people (in the world, not on this board) would disagree with you. They would say take the check quick before someone else does.

That said - if I truly sucked at a job like this then I would resign; but that's because I would feel embarrassed, not because about feeling guilty holding an employer to a contract. If you offer a contract, be prepared to honor it.

I would say I am greedier than most on this board. I do value my reputation and life more than a paycheck. I just can't imagine any facet of [Redacted]'s life as coach of Wake Forest being enjoyable outside of a reasonably nice paycheck. This isn't an up and coming coach that is getting his first taste of being a head coach, this is a 60-year old guy with a daughter graduating college soon. Enjoy life [Redacted] and move on.

What an absolute douchebag.

He made the same snarky comment post game last year as I recall. RW should have given Bzz a talking to back then about it but obviously didn't as now we've heard this same comment from him again. I know my manager wouldn't stand for such a piss poor public relations attitude.

He made the same snarky comment post game last year as I recall. RW should have given Bzz a talking to back then about it but obviously didn't as now we've heard this same comment from him again. I know my manager wouldn't stand for such a piss poor public relations attitude.

He has done it multiple times since the Presby game, Year 1.

"I try and I try and I try! They (the players) just don't get it!"

Said that on the post-game radio show with Stan. That's the moment my hate for him started to grow.

Perhaps when she graduates, Bz will move on as well. Doubtful, but possible....maybe? hopefully? perhaps?

I agree with what you write here. But the way you write it, to be a great leader, you have to be a great liar.

No you don't need to lie at all actually. You just need to realize that you are ultimately accountable for the people and program that you lead. Doing so will naturally lead you to publicly take responsibility for things that go wrong. You also need to realize that you cannot achieve anything without the people that you lead. Doing so will naturally lead you to praise those people when things go right.

It's not lying or anything close to lying.

No you don't need to lie at all actually. You just need to realize that you are ultimately accountable for the people and program that you lead. Doing so will naturally lead you to publicly take responsibility for things that go wrong. You also need to realize that you cannot achieve anything without the people that you lead. Doing so will naturally lead you to praise those people when things go right.

It's not lying or anything close to lying.

You don't need to lie. If Bzzzz wanted to make the point they work hard on rebounding he could've said, "we've been working hard on it in practice, but I've got to figure why the guys aren't getting it and how I can teach them better," as opposed to saying "we work on it, ask them."

Last edited:
Back